Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

4 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd like a dose of those Green & Lib Dems numbers on an iv drip please.

Just to add to your high, below 5 MSPs you stop being a group in the Scottish Parliament. They would lose their seat on the Parliamentary Bureau and their right to a question at FMQs, among other things.

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

If anything, I think Alba has led to SNP supporters actually thinking about their constituency vote. Hence the Greens picking up more. Its not the outcome he wanted but it still achieves the fabled super majority. 

It was always going to be interesting seeing how it played out, and that does look like what's happening. The drop in the SNP list vote is huge, but more has gone Green than elsewhere. We'll need more polls to confirm it but it's very likely that 9% drop is real.

So the poll has Alba back at the 3% of the Courier poll - and Galloway's mob received less than 0.5% of the vote [emoji1787]
The Panelbase poll looks like it was an outlier - or one where the question was skewed.
Skewed.

The question had Alba billed as "The Alba Party (led by Alex Salmond)". None of the other leaders were mentioned.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:
Why does daft Wullie and his irrelevant party get so much airtime and column inches? They are almost non-existent yet he’s always there havering his pish.

Because its a branch of an irrelevant established British party.

Aye, it was a bit of a rhetorical question. The media up here are insane, they’re deliberately cutting off their nose to spite their face and destroying themselves by continually backing the wrong horse. Are they that thick that they don’t understand the political zeitgeist? I understand that most of them are London/foreign owned which will influence their editorial content but Jesus f**k you would think they would look at the polls occasionally and stop insulting their audience.

29 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Why does daft Wullie and his irrelevant party get so much airtime and column inches? They are almost non-existent yet he’s always there havering his pish.

Oh come on surely you realise that he represents the same party as Jo Swinson.  Do I need to remind you that Jo Swinson is the Prime Minister*

* I have been in a coma since 12th December 2019 so will need to check on that but she had me convinced.

Edited by Caledonian1

29 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
31 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Because its a branch of an irrelevant established British party.

Irrelevant and established don't look right next to each other. 

I was thinking well at least if they're getting reduced to a vestigial rump in Holyrood and Westminster, they must at least have a fair representation in local government but nope 67 whole councillors out of 1200-odd!
And 1 of those 67 is a councillor who defected to the Lib Dems after being elected in 2017 as a Tory in the Hamilton council ward where I live.

24 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Mental that the Lib Dem’s used to be part of the Government up here, and now they’re basically confined to about 4 seats that anyone notices them in.

Same thing happening to them that happened to SLab, i.e. Scotland changed and left them behind, and they haven't noticed.

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Perth has a few Lib Dem councillors. All of them are completely fucking useless.

Angus thankfully only has one. An absolute gammon who copped a 3 month suspension for pulling another (female) councillor back by the neck at a meeting then claimed "We do that all the time in Yorkshire". An absolute OFTW, like many other LibDems tbf. 

ETA: He's an independent now. We actually had two - the other one is actually alright and I've no idea why he aligns himself to these cretins. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

my prediction at this stage:

I think the snp will fall short of a majority, the greens will get few more seats to take the pro-independence majority over the line.

Fancy Alba to take a seat on 3% of the vote.

tories to pip Labour to second

Libs getting their usual

indy parties on around 48% of the vote.  

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

my prediction at this stage:

I think the snp will fall short of a majority, the greens will get few more seats to take the pro-independence majority over the line.

Fancy Alba to take a seat on 3% of the vote.

tories to pip Labour to second

Libs getting their usual

indy parties on around 48% of the vote.  

This. The Polls showing an outright SNP majority are pretty optimistic imo. I'd be happy to see the Greens pick up extra seats and Alba/Galloway's gammon parties achieve nothing. 

29 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This. The Polls showing an outright SNP majority are pretty optimistic imo. I'd be happy to see the Greens pick up extra seats and Alba/Galloway's gammon parties achieve nothing. 

Last time the SNP got 59 constituency seats: which sounds great, but there were also some major target seats that they failed to claim in the Central Belt:

East Lothian 

1320173859_imageproxy(1).gif.bd5d6273c78fbe85dacd8ce331f3514e.gif

Dumbarton (Jabba the Hut)

The SNP also gave up several seats to the Yoon shitebag vote in the east: three in Edinburgh; NE Fife (Rennie); and Aberdeenshire West. 

If the SNP can pick up three of those seven very winnable seats then the Highlands/South of Scotland list seats will give them a majority even if no constituencies change hands there.

They need to focus on getting the job done in those seats then, instead of bleating for people in the West, Glasgow, Central regions to waste their list vote. 

Edited by vikingTON