Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

8 hours ago, betting competition said:

Yes back in the lead with Panelbase

20210404_020625.jpg

I look forward to that poll getting the same level of coverage in the MSM as the recent poll that showed support for Indepence drop below 50% for the first time in ages.

Happy birthday dude
Thanks JLD. Appreciate it, keep up the good posting. Always enjoy reading.

On the wider poll, it remains to be seen if this is genuinely where Alba sit. However, speaking to a number of friends, they are clear that SNP 2 in most areas is a waste of a vote due to their strength on the Constituency vote. So it will be interesting to follow further polling and see of this realisation continues.

1 hour ago, BucksburnDandy said:

On the wider poll, it remains to be seen if this is genuinely where Alba sit. However, speaking to a number of friends, they are clear that SNP 2 in most areas is a waste of a vote due to their strength on the Constituency vote. So it will be interesting to follow further polling and see of this realisation continues.

In all honesty, only an imbecile could study our voting system and come to the conclusion that SNP 2 isn't a wasted vote in quite a few areas if the SNP are to get anywhere near 50% of the seats. 

5 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Not a huge fan of Alex S (the sort of SNP politician I find deeply offputting) but it's difficult to see Alba going any other way than up once the penny drops with more SNP voters on that. All they needed to get the ball rolling was a poll that showed they are in the game in d'Hondt threshold terms and they have that now.

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Problem with Alba getting representation is that they would then be involved in any independence campaign if one is granted. State media would then no exactly what to do....focus on Toxic Salmond.

I don't quite see it that way. More the Greens/a further left leaning SNP Vs a populist alba vision of Scotland getting more media time. Instead of unionist v nationalist. Which could be more constructive in the long run. As it's a change to the same arguments that go nowhere. And could energise people more

Not that I particularly want to see any of them elected. But I could see it as the beginning of replacing the Tories in Scotland.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I don't quite see it that way. More the Greens/a further left leaning SNP Vs a populist alba vision of Scotland getting more media time. Instead of unionist v nationalist. Which could be more constructive in the long run. As it's a change to the same arguments that go nowhere. And could energise people more

Not that I particularly want to see any of them elected. But I could see it as the beginning of replacing the Tories in Scotland.

I don't believe Salmond should be anywhere near mainstream politics. But......I do believe that the campaign for independence needs a serious shake up. 

The perfect storm is one where Alba take enough list seats from the Tories and Labour to make them look ridiculous, and to give independence supporting parties a huge majority in Holyrood. 

Salmond returning to parliament would give every single thing a different dynamic. The two biggest beasts in Scottish politics would be front and centre and would relegate the wee linesman, Sarwar and Rennie to utter irrelevance. 

Tbh, I think everyone is dreading another 5 years of constitutional status quo. Another 5 years of promising a referendum but being unable to procure one, another 5 years of daily 'SNP accused...' headlines, another 5 years of this, that, and more of the same. 

Maybe a good shake up is just what Scottish politics needs. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I don't believe Salmond should be anywhere near mainstream politics. But......I do believe that the campaign for independence needs a serious shake up. 

The perfect storm is one where Alba take enough list seats from the Tories and Labour to make them look ridiculous, and to give independence supporting parties a huge majority in Holyrood. 

Salmond returning to parliament would give every single thing a different dynamic. The two biggest beasts in Scottish politics would be front and centre and would relegate the wee linesman, Sarwar and Rennie to utter irrelevance. 

Tbh, I think everyone is dreading another 5 years of constitutional status quo. Another 5 years of promising a referendum but being unable to procure one, another 5 years of daily 'SNP accused...' headlines, another 5 years of this, that, and more of the same. 

Maybe a good shake up is just what Scottish politics needs. 

My worry is what will Salmond want if he is in a simalar position to the greens the now, where he becomes king maker.

Guest Bob Mahelp
11 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

My worry is what will Salmond want if he is in a simalar position to the greens the now, where he becomes king maker.

Maybe, and I agree that there a huge amount of negative issues tied up with Salmond being involved in politics again.

But....the SNP will not survive another 5 years in its current state. The impetus for change, regeneration or whatever, has got to come from somewhere. It could well be Salmond who forces change upon the party.

That may be no bad thing.

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe, and I agree that there a huge amount of negative issues tied up with Salmond being involved in politics again.

But....the SNP will not survive another 5 years in its current state. The impetus for change, regeneration or whatever, has got to come from somewhere. It could well be Salmond who forces change upon the party.

That may be no bad thing.

Yes I'm sick of the carrot dangling when they have known for a few years the tories were going to tell them to bolt on a new ref. They should have had this in court before brexit and also set up a ferry port and trade route on the east coast rather than trying to save the english from themselves. They need to let us know what they intend to do to get a referendum within a year if the get back in.

9 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Yes I'm sick of the carrot dangling when they have known for a few years the tories were going to tell them to bolt on a new ref. They should have had this in court before brexit and also set up a ferry port and trade route on the east coast rather than trying to save the english from themselves. They need to let us know what they intend to do to get a referendum within a year if the get back in.

Too risky, the polls might drop 2%.

10 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Totally agree with that, we used to have the Rosyth to Zeebrugge freight only, and also the Rosyth to Hook of Holland which had freight and passengers.

Totally agree with that, we used to have the Rosyth to Zeebrugge freight only, and also the Rosyth to Hook of Holland which had freight and passengers.
Dundee had a ro-ro ferry as well, it only lasted a few months though.

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I cannot see that happening.

That's what Salmond is angling for. SNP to fall short of an outright majority, Alba to take Greens seats and become the puppet master for independence. Its what his disgustingly inflated ego demands.