Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

4 minutes ago, Pato said:

If Salmond gets in he'll spend every waking minute trying to hive off SNP MPs, MSPs, councillors and staff in order to attempt to usurp the SNP.

Don’t think that’s a worry.  Few women will vote for him and insufficient pervy guys.

5 minutes ago, Pato said:

If Salmond gets in he'll spend every waking minute trying to hive off SNP MPs, MSPs, councillors and staff in order to attempt to usurp the SNP.

Absolutely no danger.

I'll be very surprised if he gets any funding to get his party off the ground.

29 minutes ago, Pato said:

Well I hope you're right. Just think it's worth remembering Salmond looks at Sturgeon like Trump looked at Obama.

Still not sure why TBH.

Just now, Pato said:

She didn't brush all this nonsense under the carpet like a good girl

Yeah, that's the only answer I can come up with.

The man's gone down massively in my estimation. You wonder if he's lost his mind, or if it was always just all about him.

47 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Absolutely no danger.

Remember he's got a couple of seasoned grifters onside.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Absolutely no danger.

He’s already had a load of dafties crowdfunding him, that, and a shed load of hard working taxpayer’s money off the back of the shambolic court case. He’s going nowhere, not least until he’s finished with Sturgeon. 

31 minutes ago, HTG said:

Remember he's got a couple of seasoned grifters onside.

7 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

He’s already had a load of dafties crowdfunding him, that, and a shed load of hard working taxpayer’s money off the back of the shambolic court case. He’s going nowhere, not least until he’s finished with Sturgeon. 

I believe he said during his press conference/party launch, he hoped donations would come in when the people of Scotland learned of his plans to hoover up list votes. I just can't see that happening given that the polls are showing him, not surprisingly, to be less popular than Boris Johnson. 

How much money do you actually need to contest a list vote, six weeks before election day in a campaign where there'll be restricted canvassing anyway? It's not the United States; their performance will depend entirely on their popularity rather than fundraising. 

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

How much money do you actually need to contest a list vote, six weeks before election day in a campaign where there'll be restricted canvassing anyway? It's not the United States; their performance will depend entirely on their popularity rather than fundraising. 

So you're saying they're fucked.

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

So you're saying they're fucked.

If they get fucked it won't be down to the lack of funds to buy airtime in the expensive Shettleston media market, put it that way.

Tinfoil hat lunatics sustain list political billing in Scottish elections every time, while media coverage is certain to follow Salmond wherever he goes. Campaign finance is almost entirely irrelevant to their campaign. 

7 hours ago, virginton said:

If they get fucked it won't be down to the lack of funds to buy airtime in the expensive Shettleston media market, put it that way.

Tinfoil hat lunatics sustain list political billing in Scottish elections every time, while media coverage is certain to follow Salmond wherever he goes. Campaign finance is almost entirely irrelevant to their campaign. 

There is a possible parallel here with the Charles Kennedy effect on the Lib Dem vote under his leadership. He received a huge amount of positive media coverage and publicity mainly posistive. It resulted in a large percentage  increase in the Lib Dem vote in constituencies where they had no local campaign to speak of. So as VT suggestst, Salmond will get a lot of media coverage, I would guess that most of it will be negative and so we may see the opposite of the Charles Kennedy effect. We'll see if "there's no such thing as bad publicity".

They'll still need tens of thousands in funds to cover some of their campaign costs such as candidate deposits and an election communication for deliver to every voter in every region etc. 

29 minutes ago, Saltire said:

They'll still need tens of thousands in funds to cover some of their campaign costs such as candidate deposits and an election communication for deliver to every voter in every region etc. 

Looks like a crowdfunding effort is coming.

That part of the Yes movement has always seemed willing in the past to stump up money to pay for Stuart Campbell's mortgage and Alex Salmond's legal fees - I'd have thought they would be quite well placed to attract funds.

7 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Looks like a crowdfunding effort is coming.

That part of the Yes movement has always seemed willing in the past to stump up money to pay for Stuart Campbell's mortgage and Alex Salmond's legal fees - I'd have thought they would be quite well placed to attract funds.

Could probably do with some of the £600k that the SNP have squirreled away for the indyref2 campaign. 

At the last Scottish Parliament election the campaign spending for each party was:

SNP - £1,465,542
Tories - £979,661
Labour - £337,814
Scottish Greens - £274,656
Lib Dems - £187,647

To be competitive you are possibly looking at Alba needing a figure on par with the Greens.

£16,000 for deposits as well if they are standing 4 on each regional list.

I suppose if you had limited funding you could do it for less but using a Social Media and press campaign.

I'm sure Alba will have no issues raising that kind of funding.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

At the last Scottish Parliament election the campaign spending for each party was:

SNP - £1,465,542
Tories - £979,661
Labour - £337,814
Scottish Greens - £274,656
Lib Dems - £187,647

To be competitive you are possibly looking at Alba needing a figure on par with the Greens.

£16,000 for deposits as well if they are standing 4 on each regional list.

I suppose if you had limited funding you could do it for less but using a Social Media and press campaign.

I'm sure Alba will have no issues raising that kind of funding.

I would think they'll raise a decent sum fairly quickly.