Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

37 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I might be wrong (I could check but haven't) but is the German referendum completely outright?  I'm sure Berlin had a referendum on a new airport a few years back.

Haven't checked either but given that airport killed off any idea of German efficiency still being a thing, I doubt they'll be repeating the experiment. 

25 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

OYF

If Celtic beat Rangers on Saturday, it's going to be the worst week ever for the Unionist bigots. 

Post Referendum polling showed slightly more Sevco fans voted YES than NO.

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How does 44% unionist vote on a 80% referendum turnout correlate with 35% unionist votes in May on a likely 55% turnout?

Given the age splits and the likelihood of turnout by age that makes no sense to me.

Because a few SNP voters in an election may vote "No" in a referendum and a far greater number of Con/Lab/Lib voters will vote "Yes" in a referendum.

You're comparing apples & oranges again.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Are there really Tory Yes voters? Has anyone met one?

Once actually back in 2015. Was on the local campaign team for the SNP on election night and everything but was as Tory as they come.

I asked why he supported independence and it was his opinion that the best route for a right wing led country was through Indy. I couldn't quite join the dots then and still can't but there you go. 

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Once actually back in 2015. Was on the local campaign team for the SNP on election night and everything but was as Tory as they come.

I asked why he supported independence and it was his opinion that the best route for a right wing led country was through Indy. I couldn't quite join the dots then and still can't but there you go. 

I'd guess the subtext of that is Scotland is whiter than the UK. 

Caught the poll being reported on Tory shill Ian Dale’s LBC show. Immediately following his horror-struck report, he had on the North British Tory Vice nobody and demanded to know how he and the Tories could have let the Scotch get so uppity. The Torybot stuttered his way through an answer, claiming “it’s p-p-precisely because I’m a democrat that I don’t ever want to see a referendum!”

Interestingly, he said that “when we get into the debate” the polls would change because currency. Not “if”, when. Hopefully London issues a baw-booting for that.

21 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Scottish independence will lead both rUK and Scotland to become more right wing. If that sounds like an argument against independence to you, then I think you might be in for a shock pretty quickly after independence.

I expect independence will allow the centre right in Scotland to get rid of the Tory name (helped by some ex SNP politicians).

Just now, sparky88 said:

Scottish independence will lead both rUK and Scotland to become more right wing. If that sounds like an argument against independence to you, then I think you might be in for a shock pretty quickly after independence.

I expect independence will allow the centre right in Scotland to get rid of the Tory name (helped by some ex SNP politicians).

Hey, not seen you in 5 years! How’s things? 

7 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Serious answer: Post indy of course a realignment of Scot Pol will happen but I don’t think the constitutional debate goes away the day after a yes vote. Indy is Slabs only chance of relevance as much as it is Scot Tories though. So not sure I share your certainty on the point.

20 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It will go to the normal European thing of broad coalitions imo. I agree that Tories will make a comeback, under another name probably as you say, and will be a significant player.

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It will go to the normal European thing of broad coalitions imo. I agree that Tories will make a comeback, under another name probably as you say, and will be a significant player.

But they won't be the same as the Westminster Tories then, because otherwise they will remain an irrelevance.