Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Guest Bob Mahelp

The number of anti-SNP/anti-independence stories and headlines in the newspapers since Sunday are astonishing. 

At one point yesterday I had a brief look through the websites of 5 newspapers......there were 12 anti-Sturgeon/SNP/independence headlines. 

It's truly remarkable how much Unionist fear you can smell down the internet. 

The number of anti-SNP/anti-independence stories and headlines in the newspapers since Sunday are astonishing. 
At one point yesterday I had a brief look through the websites of 5 newspapers......there were 12 anti-Sturgeon/SNP/independence headlines. 

The difference however, is that the fear mongering no longer works.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The difference however, is that the fear mongering no longer works.

Hopefully.

We could do without that fucking dickhead at the border...and any others of that ilk....getting the oxygen of publicity though. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Whenever a pro-Indy poll brings the extreme fringes of UK nationalism out.

A1540CCD-1C9B-4F0C-B283-4024DA4F6666.png

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Aye, but who's reading them?

On 07/07/2020 at 21:44, Bob Mahelp said:

95% of the print media are tory oriented owned and operated, don't buy newspapers is the answer if you want to see the demise of them.

Recently they are nearly all running with begging ads asking for donations to support them, some of them use an excuse the covid 19 epidemic is to blame when in fact they have been losing money for years.

If you run an ad blocker the likes of the P & J asks for 30p a day to continue reading their rag.

Let the b*****ds die.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Sunak yesterday during his economy delivery package made a derogatory direct reference when he mentioned that the package was possible due to us being part of the UK framework, so with that all us Scots peasants should be eternally grateful and doff our caps and say Thank You Sir/ My Lord/Your Grace to our english masters.

What a fuckin joke.

I haven't heard a Thank You to the Scottish People from the westminster treasury over the years for the upwards of £80 Billion in oil and gas revenue they have stolen and wasted on home counties grandiose schemes and not in Scotland. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Still quite a lot of people I'd think, particularly older folk. I'd much rather they were reading the Scotsman or the Record or whatever than getting their news off some fake news factory on Facebook tbh.

I'd rather folk were on the Facebook pish flume, personally. Very few folk who make the effort to buy a newspaper bother to question what's in it; they carry weight inherited from hundreds of years of press journalism, and most folk will happily swallow whatever they have to sell because "they wouldn't be able to print it if it wasn't true". After a few times getting burned by believing "The Muslims" are about to enact Sharia Law in Britain, or that the Turks are about to invade via the EU, anyone with half a brain should be able to realise that believing yer Auntie's hot takes is the height of stupidity.

Oh, who am I kidding. Apparently some folk will literally go with whatever is served up in front of them if it isn't written in crayon.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Best analogy I can think of for slab is when you're playing a game and you get to a boss fight but wee annoying monsters keep spawning that you have to kill first before you can try and finish the boss.

Here we see Jackie Baillie (or is it Richard Leonard, or Magrit Curran) being born of the broad-shouldered Union.

D0AF5B25-8DFA-4224-B3FC-F29281013F64.jpeg

Best analogy I can think of for slab is when you're playing a game and you get to a boss fight but wee annoying monsters keep spawning that you have to kill first before you can try and finish the boss.

More the daft wee skeletons you one-shot in Dark Souls as you respawn at a bonfire