Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

"I don't like the cut of this Boris character's jib. Nigel Farage and Ann Widdecombe seem like the kind of sound minds Britain needs to marshall the helm at this point in history."
Somebody has actually thought this, and has done so unironically. The British public never fail to amaze.

It seems to amaze a number of people on this forum that Jeremy Corbyn might not be the leader we want in parliament. It’s almost as if other opinions exist.

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

There appear to be two sets of Comres numbers out this weekend. Those are for a poll commissioned by a group called Remain United, while another for the Torygraph with more recent sampling on 4-5 Dec has:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2019_United_Kingdom_general_election#2019

Con 41 Lab 33  LibDem 12 SNP 4 Green 3 Brexit 2 Plaid 1

Tbh, I'd take anything in excess of 40 seats for SNP

Any gain for SNP and losses for the Branch Office Conservative and Unionist Party is a success.

Not many Unionists talking about this tonight.

I wonder why.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I know people who'll be voting SNP purely to keep Conservatives out, fwiw.

Theyll definitely be getting more votes.

I know 5 people (yes, very Partridge) but they're voting SNP who didn't vote or vote for them in 2017. Soon find out who turns out as no doubt plenty of others going the other way. 

18 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tbh, I'd take anything in excess of 40 seats for SNP

Below 40 is an utter disaster, 40-45 is ok, but disappointing, 45-49 is decent, 50+ and it's an excellent result. 

Yoons keeping their seats (IMO), Carmichael, Murray, Laird, Jack, Zowie Bowie (despite this being SNP's most canvassed seat) 😪 😭 so I think SNP can only max out at a possible 54. 

Too close to call: LoJo, Duguid, Colin Clark, Kirstene Airheid, Rangers Lino, Fluffy, Jardine.  Say they all cling on due to tactical voting Yoonery, we're down to 47.

I'll nail my colours to 47 SNP MPs now (for argument sake, if Laird loses to Hanvey, I'm counting SNP there). 

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Tory Dad and Grandad can’t bring themselves to Vote Tory or SNP, both say they’re planning to not show up for once.

Did you explain that there are other options?

Below 40 is an utter disaster, 40-45 is ok, but disappointing, 45-49 is decent, 50+ and it's an excellent result. 
Yoons keeping their seats (IMO), Carmichael, Murray, Laird, Jack, Zowie Bowie (despite this being SNP's most canvassed seat) [emoji25] [emoji24] so I think SNP can only max out at a possible 54. 
Too close to call: LoJo, Duguid, Colin Clark, Kirstene Airheid, Rangers Lino, Fluffy, Jardine.  Say they all cling on due to tactical voting Yoonery, we're down to 47.

I'll nail my colours to 47 SNP MPs now (for argument sake, if Laird loses to Hanvey, I'm counting SNP there). 

Based on above you are predicting that Swinson is toast?

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, fatshaft said:
Yoons keeping their seats (IMO), Carmichael, Murray, Laird, Jack, Zowie Bowie (despite this being SNP's most canvassed seat) emoji25.png emoji24.png so I think SNP can only max out at a possible 54. 

Based on above you are predicting that Swinson is toast?

I think she will be, but I've got her as very close - "LoJo" 

ELUDh3MXkAAvEip.png:large

From Britain elects, their compilation of the average of polls. 

Tory have squeezed the Brexit Party like a sponge. Labour have failed to take votes from the Tories or squeeze enough out of the LDs to make up for it. In short the chickens are coming home to roost. 

Its all about the hope that there is a huge surge of "dont knows" and youth vote. 

Some seem to be already kicking into recriminations and deflection mode at a Labour loss. :rolleyes: Confidence eh.