Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

4 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

Indeed. 

I still genuinely believe Broon would have won an election had he stood for a mandate in 2008ish. We'll  never know now.

If Milliband's brother had stood instead of Goofy, he would probably have wiped the floor with Cameron too.

Edited by welshbairn

On 05/12/2019 at 18:26, Tarmo Kink said:

Nobody can seriously say that they would be confident in Corbyn as PM, surely?

Well, we have an unknown, which could be good or bad, or we could have the absolute erses who've been in charge for ten years, except their first team all gave up and resigned, then we got May's B team, we're now ontto the guys who were round the back of the bike sheds smoking and eating pies running the show, so erm, aye they'd be fucking great eh? 

Fucking hell. 

4 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Sample size on that NE poll? Can labour really be on SIX up there?

I've been on the doors in Aberdeenshire, I work, so only managed 4 days unlike the retired door chappers, but I literally, and I mean literally, haven't had anybody tell me they were voting Labour. They are finished up here, not that they ever had much rural vote anyway, but what they had has disappeared totally. 

Well, we have an unknown, which could be good or bad, or we could have the absolute erses who've been in charge for ten years, except their first team all gave up and resigned, then we got May's B team, we're now ontto the guys who were round the back of the bike sheds smoking and eating pies running the show, so erm, aye they'd be fucking great eh? 

Fucking hell. 

What the f**k are you on about? I’m supporting Sturgeon for PM

Going from not even being considered to picking up several seats and establishing yourself as the second party in the country is a rise. Unfortunately for you, the Tories will cruise to a majority.

Unfortunate for me how ?

Scottish Branch Office lose seats with a manifesto that ONLY has opposing IndyRef2 in it.

SNP gains seats.

Unfortunately for you, it only means one thing.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

12 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The use of better didn't imply optimal. Those numbers would definitely be better for the SNP than the 2017 general election outcome. A lot depends on whether tactical voting is going to be mainly anti-SNP or anti-Tory on how the marginals will pan out this time. The Tories might be piling on voters in central belt constituencies where they have no chance rather than in their areas of strength.

Pretty much what I meant - considering the grim numbers on public services, I was waiting for an SNP 35% or something...

21 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Not a vote will chance on this. Both are hitting core vote and not going much beyond it. 

Half agree but i'm sure that many folk who've only been fed a diet of 'Corbyn is Satan' by the tabloids will actually see a coherentm reasonable and fairly likeable guy with some sensible arguments. Shame he knows eff-all about Scotland though.

SNP in Scotland, Labour or Greens in England and Plaid in Wales and all will be ticketyfuckinboo.

Back to flyerwatch - less than a week to the election, and the only one we've had in Clacks is the Tory <INSERT_NAME_HERE> WHO WILL STAND FIRM AGAINST INDYREF2 leaflet.

Not sure what this means. Am I to read nothing about the alternatives to <INSERT_NAME_HERE>

Has this already been posted ?

Won’t do any harm to do it again if it has. [emoji41]
New Polling and Projection post: YouGov, 29th Nov-3rd Dec 2019
Scottish Parliament seats projection;
SNP - 62
Conservative - 32
Labour - 16
Lib Dem - 10
Green - 9

8 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Has this already been posted ?

Won’t do any harm to do it again if it has. emoji41.png