Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

This is totalitarian groupthink. A vote for any democratic party in an election that is held relatively free and fair is a "vote for democracy". 
I am assuming you are on the wind up now. 

Boris is the only leader willing to deliver Brexit (outside of the Brexit Party). Brexit was voted for democratically. A vote for the Tories is a vote for democracy.

Hmm changed my mind, you sounded considerate the other day but you've fished with the same post twice now.

Yes, I was surprised when you said that he wasn’t a bam. Only a bam would think Boris Johnson would make an “excellent” prime minister, never mind on the grounds of being able to “deliver democracy.” Cretinous stuff.

34 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Boris is the only leader willing to deliver Brexit (outside of the Brexit Party). Brexit was voted for democratically. A vote for the Tories is a vote for democracy.

Boris is the only leader who is running scared from scrutiny. An absolute coward.

Read the thread. Its thought provoking. 

It’s a very good thread. Particularly the point on Corbyn and Labour promising things (most are fantasy anyway) like free broadband for all, free Wi-Fi, free train travel, 4-day week and free everything sound great, but are costly to deliver and aren’t really necessary. Labour seem to be building their policy entirely based on convincing students/young people to vote for them through clickbait and soundbites, which is definitely working.

Another good point is that the Brexit Party are polling quite well compared to UKIP previously and while all the talk is of Labour picking up some LibDem votes, I think the Tories squeezing the Brexit Party out is far more significant in terms of securing a majority.

Having read your contributions I do not give a shit what your "thoughts" are. 

You’re already a seething mess then. Can’t wait to see you on this thread on the 13th [emoji6].

And given your previous P&B history of bigotry, racism, islamophobia and openly backing racist church shooter Dylann Roof I think I might pass on your thoughts too, bud.

Quite major shifts right enough. The hospital issues in particular have been dreadful but trains, schools, environment not been brilliant recently either.
Correct. The performance of our public services has been getting poorer. The SNP have struggled with the health brief for a wee while now while education is in the doldrums (not a slight on teachers, but the running of schools has not been great at all). They need to start thinking outside the box in terms of improvements because what they are doing is not working well.

Correct. The performance of our public services has been getting poorer. The SNP have struggled with the health brief for a wee while now while education is in the doldrums (not a slight on teachers, but the running of schools has not been great at all). They need to start thinking outside the box in terms of improvements because what they are doing is not working well.
Money (or lack of it) is a real issue in education.

That's ultimately down to Tory austerity policies not the SNP.

The actual direction of education policy wouldn't be that different under Labour or the Lib Dems.

With Labour now announcing a 20,000 more teachers/cap class sizes at 30, (which wasn't in the manifesto) in addition to making 'most' people around £6,500 better off, it looks like a bit of a last throw of the dice. Had they been more consistent on Brexit they could have been in a better position to hoover up the Remain vote in England, given that the Lib campaign has tanked.

With a week to go they should be hammering the message that getting Brexit done, means years more negotiations, this being only the start of it, the very real spectre of a No Deal at the end of next year, and also the fact that Johnson's deal will make the average person at least £2,500 per year worse off over the next decade, with investment fleeing the UK. Unfortunately they continue to run scared of Leave voters in Northern constituencies which ultimately will cost them this election.

Difficult to see the polls narrowing much more now from a 7-8% lead.

The actual direction of education policy wouldn't be that different under Labour or the Lib Dems.
That is true however they do need to be seen to be doing more to improve standards. Albeit I do think the whole individual attainment emphasis needs to change but that will take a generation and probably independence to implement a more progressive style of schooling.

Very true, and I'm sure none of our resident right-wing hyenas will choose to make the correlation between growing levels of child poverty and hunger and educational attainment.

It may be difficult to concentrate fully when you are malnourished, but what the Hell, let's not allow facts and reported evidence to get in the way of savaging political hate figures.

There are many complex issues at play here, none of which will be solved by simplistic dogma.