Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
35 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:
Confederate flags are becoming increasingly taboo in the States. Bit shocked to see someone on here use one. Must be a tory thing.

Tory/colonial thing imo. Surprised it's not being banned by the mods.....

Just wait til Gin O' Clock, we'll maybe hear why. I'll go with an ode to auld Jock's links to the southern America, the Scotch-Irish brethren.

Or maybe not.

14 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Anyway, regardless, I think most people in the UK are sensible enough to realise that politicians lie and obscure the truth. Just look at the current campaigns of all of the parties for evidence of that. 

There he is! Maybe you missed my post earlier, am sure you won't want to be a credibility vacuum who can't answer a question. 

So, are you going to finally take the chance to answer a simple question (think most people would find it easy tbh)? I don't understand why it is so difficult for you. 

Do you think it is acceptable that the prime minister is a racist and a homophobe?

Bonus Q: As a conservative voter, would you vote for him in uxbridge?

f**k me.
That's only because we've had over 3 years of Tory-led chaos that has shrunk inward investment and productivity.  Anything would be an improvement on the disaster of the last few years, and nobody....least of all anyone connected with the Tories....should be patting themselves on the back because this election may or may not bring 'stability'.
We're years, and 10's of billions, behind where we should be. That's the Tory legacy for you. 
More to the point, once the general public hear anything,GS and their chums have already made their coin.
If anything, they'll bung out the occasional press release to nudge prices in the desired direction.

Swinson almost as unpopular as Corbyn. It's incredible just how shit a leader she is.
Quite an achievement, indeed. Especially when she hasn't had the benefit of the media telling everyone what a cùnt she is for the last four years. She's had to do her own publicity, and she's not disappointed.

Apparently we should give the Tories the benefit of the doubt on the trade deal as they haven't done anything yet. It's like Gary Glitter buying a plane ticket to Cambodia and claiming he  wants to see Angkor Wat.

They have privatised everything they possibly can including water in England. Anyone who thinks they won't sell off the NHS to Trump shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised.

I think this is the YouGov projection that we'll see later on.

Pretty disastrous all round to be frank.

What it will hopefully do though - give people who want to tactically vote a clear idea of who to vote for in each seat. There will be some close fights in among that 366 so I'm sure all is not lost.

Edited by Kyle

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think this is the YouGov projection that we'll see later on.

Pretty disastrous all round to be frank.

What it will hopefully do though - give people who want to tactically vote a clear idea of who to vote for in each seat. There will be some close fights in among that 366 so I'm sure all is not lost.

I doubt it, while both Best for Britain and Yougov run MRP polls they will have differences in methodology and questions. 

The Yougov MRP  is supposed to be out at 10pmish tonight unless I misunderstood something I read earlier. 

Best for Britain are heavily pushing tctical voting. 

Just now, trainspotter said:

Pretty flawed assumption that the SNP could be beneficiaries of tactical voting.

Their MRP poll showed that tactical voting on Brexit could give them 52 seats. 

I assume you have delved into the data and are prepared to show us the glaring flaw you just invented. 

47 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

That poll is disastrous

This looks a touch better. For all the whip saws in polling, most of the last two weeks changes amounts to BP>Con in the already Conservative held seats. 

FWIW there is an expectation a large number of "dont knows" will start firming up and heading towards Labour. 

Also the Best for Britain poll did show that with tactical voting we could still have a hung parliament on their data. 

Its about getting people motivated now. If you live in a marginal constituency, contact your local party and see if you can help on voting day, getting people to the voting stations and so on. Its a December election so the party that can get people to the polls on the 12th could have the paper thin margin that turns another marginal. 

29 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

I assume you have delved into the data and are prepared to show us the glaring flaw you just invented. 

Ooft. defensive much?

Edited to add: you appear to have detected some hostility in my post which wasn't there. I'm basing my response on recent conversations with a pollster who has been quoted elsewhere on this thread.

Edited by trainspotter
More detail