Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

You've got a spineless leader who backs Brexit and loads of mental shitebags interested only in themselves trying to depose him by making up shite about anti-semitism. You've got folk in the Labour calling for a breakaway party. They still back Trident yet claim to oppose austerity.

In the Scottish branch you still have cretins who seem to have a single policy; oppose absolutely everything the SNP do. To achieve this end they continue to throw their lot in with the Tories and plot with them against the big bag SNP.

Is that really the Labour you want? 

Nope, but it's the Labour we've got, and a damned sight closer to the Party's founding principles than anything served up by a selection of capitalist chancers since John Smith died. A choice between the current Labour Party and the May-fronted crew across the House is really no choice at all.

2 hours ago, The new Kia Ceed said:

Middle England won't vote Corbyn into office so I don't think Labour will gain south of the border from the last GE where they performed better than expected.    Most switchers down south will go Tory to UKIP  if the government goes into the election offering a softer Brexit.    The Lib Dems should gain ground with calls for a peoples vote.      

In Scotland I can see Labour slipping a little and the SNP taking the votes that were offered because Corbyn became leader.      Quite possible the minority parties ( not Con, Lab)  could receive more than a 1/3 of all votes.  

Congratulations - I don't think I've ever seen such a high proportion of ill-informed pish in one short post.

46 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Congratulations - I don't think I've ever seen such a high proportion of ill-informed pish in one short post.

Which part of his post is "pish" exactly.

Surely it cannot be the bit about Corbyn being unelectable in middle England.

Because that bit is bang on.

Despite having most incompetent, useless, divided UK govt in living memory, the main opposition have made barely a dent in the polls. What does that say?

Despite having most incompetent, useless, divided UK govt in living memory, the main opposition have made barely a dent in the polls. What does that say?

You can interpret it to say what you like really, but given the biggest issue in the country right now is Brexit it really isn’t too hard to see why any of the 52% who voted that way would prefer a Conservative government.

As ever it’s a mix of many things - Corbyn being a fud at times, a biased media, his policies scaring the south of England - but the single-issue voters, like Scotland since 2014, are the driving factor, I would argue.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

You can interpret it to say what you like really, but given the biggest issue in the country right now is Brexit it really isn’t too hard to see why any of the 52% who voted that way would prefer a Conservative government.

As ever it’s a mix of many things - Corbyn being a fud at times, a biased media, his policies scaring the south of England - but the single-issue voters, like Scotland since 2014, are the driving factor, I would argue.

Indeed, which logic then implies that no labour majority government is happening anytime soon.

Why should people in Scotland have to wait on the whim of the middle England voter?

5 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

There's a high possibility that Labour and the Tories aren't actually neck and neck at all. It's just to make people in Scotland think that they can influence the outcome by voting Labour instead of SNP.

This is undiluted brain sewage. The idea that the entire UK polling industry is fudging the figures to hurt the SNP is one for the fringe loonies.

Edited by dorlomin

14 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

This is undiluted brain sewage. The idea that the entire UK polling industry is fudging the figures to hurt the SNP is one for the fringe loonies.

Because they didn't do it last time, or the time before.... they all just happened to make the exact same mistake as one another, each time.

25 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Tories more interested in 'taking back control' than preserving the union. The precious, precious Union.

Quelle surprise

But only as far as the English parliament. Control must never be anywhere else, upwards or downwards.