Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Not quite that knowledgeable...

My mate runs the Britain Elects twitter.

Some free publicity for your mate on this thread from me. Please get him to tweet at least one P&Bism in election night.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That's a good piece too DrewDon. I said a week or two back that Corbyn doesn't actually have to win. Limiting the majority enough to weaken the Tory ramrodding of Brexit would be enough. When the EU start playing their games and progress is not meeting expectations (it won't take long) then Corbyn and Sturgeon can have their day in Westminster.

May is legendary for her fillibustering in Westminster. She and her cronies (Rees-Mogg) are bit players compared to the EU procrastinators. I wouldn't be surprised if we're back at the hustings by September. 

What would be good (and looks like happening) is if Labour do well enough to demonstrate that running on an overtly left wing platform could bring success in England. It seems like there are a lot of people who can't bring themselves to vote for Corbyn as a potential PM, but do like Labour's manifesto.

IMG_1496876204.443370.jpg

Survation sticking to their guns!

Just an Ipsos poll to come tomorrow I think (perhaps another ICM, apparently), and that'll be that.

We're survation not absolutely spot on with their last poll in 2015? 
Some pollsters are going to look ridiculous regardless of the outcome tomorrow. 

Was that the poll they refused to publish because they thought it was too far out?

Just now, Sooky said:

Was that the poll they refused to publish because they thought it was too far out?

The very one. Sure their final day findings were exactly what the outcome turned out to be! 

The very one. Sure their final day findings were exactly what the outcome turned out to be! 

Thank you for successfully terrifying me.

Final Con leads by pollster:

BMG: +13
ICM: +12
ComRes: +10
Panelbase: +8
Opinium: +7
TNS: +5
YouGov: +7
Survation: +1
Ipsos Mori: awaiting.

If nothing else we're going to get a few hours of excitement waiting for the 1st telling constituencies to given their results, anything less than a 60 seat majority will probably seal May's fate, personally I think they should pump her anyway as she's proven herself to be weak and dithery, not qualities anyone wants in a leader.

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

Yeah, I don't like Survation

IMG_1496877963.908970.jpg

I'll like them less if they're correct up here although I'd take their UK poll in an instant.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Think we can dismiss survation as an outlier. Phone polls are pish too.

How can anyone possibly dismiss any regular pollster as an outlier after the last few years.