Monthly fees

juanmalbec

Hi

I've been coaching an 06 team for the last 5 years and recently we've had to put our fees up to cover costs.  We're charging £20 a month which includes 2 90 minute training sessions a week plus their match on a Saturday.  Was curios to see what others were charging to see whether we're in line, we have quite a few vocal parents and they're all complaining that we are pricing them out of having their kids play.

We do give them the option to only pay for one session and that's a tenner a months, would welcome your thoughts and info around what sort of fees you guys charge.

Thanks

£5 a week for 4 hours or so of football is more than value for money. Ask them how much they pay for their kid's trainers or playstation/Xbox games the next time they complain.

Of course, if some genuinely can't afford it that's a different story but you're by no means charging too much. Everything gets reinvested so hardly a rip off

As paul says what other sport would you get that kind of value for money? Parents must think pitches, kit, ref fees, league fees, equipment all pay for themselves. We are double that but don't do any fundraising or it would be much less, none of us have time to organise. Get what you pay for I suppose - we are on Astro 3 times a week which is extortionate.  

for guys that play everyweek its a steal, however for the subs that maybe get a token ten or fifteen minutes then parents might feel more hard done by, imo 20 quid a month for any team nowadays is good though

Subs should get same game time as everyone else though

Yes its about development, if its hard to manage times for all players without a spreadsheet then play regular friendlies as well as league games (especially since league game scores aren't recorded for 7's).  

Development is king and only fair every player at 7's gets the same time 

I find that clubs with teams from say 2010's through to 19's/21's what your doing is funding the older teams. My sons 2010 team get about a 10th of a pitch for 90mins per week but expected to pay the same as say the 19's who train twice a week....

On 2017-4-19 at 07:57, juanmalbec said:

Hi

I've been coaching an 06 team for the last 5 years and recently we've had to put our fees up to cover costs.  We're charging £20 a month which includes 2 90 minute training sessions a week plus their match on a Saturday.  Was curios to see what others were charging to see whether we're in line, we have quite a few vocal parents and they're all complaining that we are pricing them out of having their kids play.

We do give them the option to only pay for one session and that's a tenner a months, would welcome your thoughts and info around what sort of fees you guys charge.

Thanks

£25-£35 is normal in Edinburgh for 2 training sessions, either 2 x  1 hours or mix of 1 x 1 hour and 1 x 1 and a half hours and 1 game on a Sunday. Parents moaning about £20 a month is an absolute disgrace. A fiver a week for effectively 4 hours day care. It's the cheapest nanny service any parent could find anywhere. 

Moaning about £20 a month for volunteers baby sitting their kids 12 times a month, God i've heard it all now! It's pathetic. 

• 4 weeks later...

We charge £20 a month and offer 50% and 75% discount on 2nd and third child.

All teams train twice a week for 1hr 30mins we have 2teams at most age groups one team playing locally on the sat and others play a Sunday in Edinburgh throughout the 7s. As it's classed as development football everyone should have equal game time however 11s is a different structure playing wise as best player plays but we still charge the same fees