French Presidential Election

Arabdownunder

1/3 voters undecided is the figure that seems to be getting thrown around.

All the polling seems to suggest Le Pen can't win the second round but if I was the rest of them, I'd be seriously concerned by that figure. Seems awfully high for any election, I've a feeling it's not a coincidence that there's a right winger in contention and so many folk aren't telling pollsters who they're voting for.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Sooky said:

Stuck some money on Melenchon at 20/1 a week or so ago as if he sneaks into the 2nd round, he might have a decent chance if it's not Macron he's up against. Interestingly, I think he's about as anti-EU as Le Pen is (just from the total opposite direction, obviously)

Got Macron at something like 7/4 a while back. Was down at 1/2 a few weeks back and now just under evens. Shiting it.

Mixed reports saying le pen has not made it into the final 2 but others saying she has,should find out around 7 ish i think (my french is poor)

And if she's not, is it Fillon or Melenchon joining Macron in round 2?

Gone large on Fillon at 12/1, thinking that the French at heart are conservative, with a small c, and traditionalists. A bit pished though, so will probably cry tomorrow when I remember.

Initial projections in France election:

Macron: 23.7% (Round 2:[emoji736])
Le Pen: 21.7% [emoji736]
Fillon: 19.5% [emoji735]
Mélenchon: 19.5 [emoji735]

#France2017 #JeVote 

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Gone large on Fillon at 12/1, thinking that the French at heart are conservative, with a small c, and traditionalists. A bit pished though, so will probably cry tomorrow when I remember.

Oops...

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There will be enough support from all sides to get the centrist elected and keep the fascist bitch out.

May the 7th for the run off,but remember these are only exit polls so far nothing confirmed

1 minute ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

French pollsters that predicted the results pretty accurately are saying that Macron should skoosh the runoff by more than 20 points.

That and LePen get run over by a taxi would be a pleasing result.

I say taxi rather than bus as I have traveled in a taxi in Paris and realise this could be both wonderful and not out of the ordinary.

Archived