Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

2 hours ago, theProdigy said:

I wouldn't say it reflects badly on anyone tbf... These boys are, for the most part, good players! Three of last years group are playing at Annan (Raffi Krissian, Jean Guy Lucas & Tony Riberio) and one is at Glacis United in the Gibraltar Premier Division (Yves Nyami)... Albeit this is a small number but, a few have come back for a second year and a few will have gone to other clubs so I'd say they will be working to a success!

Maybe didn't word it properly, but my point being that that there has been plenty of comment on how this looks bad on Scottish football, they're not a proper club etc but at the end of the day this is what a proper pyramid should be. Anyone should be able to start a team, playing on council pitch with your mates, and be able to aim at making the Premiership.

Granted Edusport are charging a fair wedge for the priveledge, but fair play to them. I always think its sour grapes / jealousy from fans of clubs who have been unable to achieve anything for however many years, that someone has started a team and managed to get into the Lowland League

Nothing to do with Mids and Lochar as they are not licensed and haven't taken the coin from the sfa like your shower at least dick Turpin wore a mask oh and I think the players at Annan have been chased 

Krissian scored for Annan at the end of last month... Maybe he is not getting his contract renewed but that happens to many players!

Maybe didn't word it properly, but my point being that that there has been plenty of comment on how this looks bad on Scottish football, they're not a proper club etc but at the end of the day this is what a proper pyramid should be. Anyone should be able to start a team, playing on council pitch with your mates, and be able to aim at making the Premiership.
Granted Edusport are charging a fair wedge for the priveledge, but fair play to them. I always think its sour grapes / jealousy from fans of clubs who have been unable to achieve anything for however many years, that someone has started a team and managed to get into the Lowland League

Yeah I completely get you! A full functional pyramid should work that way... I, for one, hold no sour grapes against Edu and wish them well! I have nothing against the team, coaches or players... They've done their job tbf! But yeah I do feel that some teams voted them into the league and have decided they don't like them as they are better than expected... But you'll always get those people no matter what level you are at!

8 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I am sure the young boys playing On the "council pitches" of Paris dreamt of one day playing in the LL.

Obviously, they've done well to win promotion but given the nature of the team, what percentage of the championship winning side are likely to be there next season, could it be a case of having to start from scratch with a new squad of players?

Obviously, they've done well to win promotion but given the nature of the team, what percentage of the championship winning side are likely to be there next season, could it be a case of having to start from scratch with a new squad of players?

Yeah it'll be a different team... But each year they have been in the south, the squad has got better and they have been better coached so I'd expected them to be around mid-table

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, edinabear said:

I still find the existence of Edusport in the LL quite bizarre but fairplay to them. Does anyone at all watch their games?

I believe some locals in Annan do when Athletic play away. On Saturday at BSC, there were a fair number of fellow Academy students watching on.

It probably doesn't help that both they and BSC see themselves as Glasgow teams, but are currently exiled. Harder to build a long-term organic support that way.

...and as for the last post, behave yourself sureiknow. Ridiculous comment.

Anyway,if this is another batch of boys for their academy it can only strengthen and improve their squad...like most people I really don't know what the end game is with Edusport but in the meantime it does add something different to the league which we can only judge in due course.

They had 50-60 players registered to play in the South last year. If they do the same in the Lowland how do they play their strongest team every week??

Surely there is a danger of this influencing the table. No player is going to pay the kind of money you are talking about and not want to play.