Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

I’ve no idea and frankly have no interest, that’s their business.  Forgot you refuse to ever see others point of view and don’t have time to waste conversing with someone that can dish it out but don’t like it back. No doubt you will comeback with yet another arrogant and  condescending reply but I will just leave it at that.
So why bother responding if you have no interest? Registered Monday aye? That tells me what I need to know.

Anyway enough of the sideshow.

The Our Football Club pages doesn't seem to have been updated much since April   https://ourfootballclub.com/  results have been but little in the way of news, renewals must be about due?

Also, anyone know if they still intend to change their name, and move back to the Glasgow area?

37 minutes ago, gogsy said:

His first post on Monday told us all we need to know. :)

Aye, that you’re another one that likes to dish it out but can’t take it back.

Made a right James Hunt of ourself with that traffic cone comment , didn’t we?

I tell things as they are and you’re scared of it so I’m feckin Frank-cone -stein eh

3E85BAA1-1736-4A1E-AFCB-60E9A77041D6.jpeg.447483ce6c1711dfed48d8246e2361d2.jpeg

The Our Football Club pages doesn't seem to have been updated much since April   https://ourfootballclub.com/  results have been but little in the way of news, renewals must be about due?
Also, anyone know if they still intend to change their name, and move back to the Glasgow area?

iirc the plan is to move to a development of Bothwellhaugh @ Strathclyde Country Park. Nae clue bout the name but a club called Glasgow United playing out of Motherwell is a bit of a head scratcher.

3 hours ago, Midge said:

They’re licensed and sitting 7th in the Lowland league. Got there on merit too.  I don’t see Blackburn who left the second tier of junior football ever  getting anywhere near the EOS top league in my lifetime so what is your point?

Don't think Blackburn ever claimed to be  flying up the pyramid, or took loads of folk's money in a well-published shareholder drive that went nowhere to try and do it either.

But aye, nothing every came of this. Funnily enough I'd checked up on it recently to see and found nothing. Didn't the guy who was running it turn out to be a bit of a knobhead anyway, like saying he'd overrule whatever name was voted for?

Edited by AlansHotBath

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

But aye, nothing every came of this. Funnily enough I'd checked up on it recently to see and found nothing. Didn't the guy who was running it turn out to be a bit of a knobhead anyway, like saying he'd overrule whatever name was voted for?

Their Facebook page is full of slick videos, but very few comments.  Looks like they had a "members meet" at a pub in Glasgow and 20 turned up.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

They added their squad to https://ourfootballclub.com/ website when I asked for it a few months ago.

As someone else mentioned, I think the plan for the end of this season is to move to Bothwellhaugh at Strathclyde Park. Though, I'm not sure how the development is going. 

I don't think they make any announcements on actual membership. 

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:52, RampantFM said:

They added their squad to https://ourfootballclub.com/ website when I asked for it a few months ago.

As someone else mentioned, I think the plan for the end of this season is to move to Bothwellhaugh at Strathclyde Park. Though, I'm not sure how the development is going. 

I don't think they make any announcements on actual membership. 

Their website stated last year they were "Heading for 1,000" members", but no further updates.  Wasn't their target 10,000?

Scott Thomson joins on loan 

https://www.airdriefc.com/scottthomson-120119

Scott has scored about 10 goals for the reserves this season and looks to be a good prospect but hasn't been amongst the first team at all this season. Regular game time at a good level should help him progress. I hope he does well at Edusports.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 27/01/2019 at 15:59, gogsy said:

I think so, didn't he play pre season for Cowdenbeath against us?  Just back from watching the ladies game, someone there said he played against us in the game down at Annan as well?

Scullion was only released by Cowden in Jan. He has popped up as a trialist for Gala since.

On 27/01/2019 at 10:21, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I may have missed it earlier, but I see Ross McNeil and Jordan McMillan have joined as well. Genuine question, but  Is it the case now that the academy side of things has changed focus, and the concentration is now on signing players?

They have 3 teams - the U20s (Fri nights) and U23s (amateur league) are full of the French players while the 1sts are a blend of French and young/not so young Scots.

Scots used this season at 1st team level include: Jack Breslin, Liam Coogans, Andy Dowie, Ali El Zubaidi (who came to Scotland aged 3 from Iraq), Scott Ferguson, Ryan Finnie, Matt Flynn, Lewis Gamble, Marc Kelly, Matthew Kerr, Ryan McCann, Mark McKenna, Scott McLaughlin, Jordan McMillan, Ross McNeil, Pat Scullion, David Sinclair, Gavin Stokes, Scott Thomson and Aiden Wilson.

Edited by cmontheloknow

13 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Bothwellhaugh at the Strathie, park is at the north end of the loch between it and the Raith Interchange.

Presumably they mean getting the ground licensed so they can play LL games there?