Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

35 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

It's now staying with Edusport for the coming season I believe so it's as you were.

I got a telling off by the club for posting on here so I'll respect their wishes and not post anymore about the ins and outs of the club business on this forum

And the club therefore fails to grasp that any publicity is better than no publicity.

17 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

It's now staying with Edusport for the coming season I believe so it's as you were.

I got a telling off by the club for posting on here so I'll respect their wishes and not post anymore about the ins and outs of the club business on this forum

I think that illustrates that there is no plan for any engagement other than to drum up business from potential p(l)ayers.

Who are we to say that if they can be self sustainable with a model that doesn't need a support base or firm location, they shouldn't be allowed in.

Anyone know how many members this OurFootballClub thing has?

I read somewhere online that they had 700 members but it must be getting close to renewal time soon; how many people are actually going to renew now that the novelty has worn off?

Edited by Fat Sally

• 2 weeks later...
I see from Twitter that Edusport have made 9 new signings! I take it that the “students” won’t have a look in this season? 

Someone(Scott McLaughlin?) said they had signed for them and the idea this year is that they're signing a group of guys who won't be 'students' so that the young French men with daft ideas and rich parents(that might not have been his phrasing tbf ...) would need to earn the right to be in the 1st team.

1 hour ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I see from Twitter that Edusport have made 9 new signings! I take it that the “students” won’t have a look in this season? 

My understanding is early season Edu use a lot of local players until the academic term starts, or am I mistaken?

Squad emphasis has also shifted each season.

First SOSL campaign was almost entirely the French lads and seemed to cobble through August and holidays with local trialists etc. Second SOSL campaign they'd some signed Scots especially for those periods. Last season debuting in LL notable core of Scots throughout including some youth pros. Perhaps more of those this campaign.

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

How are Edusport’s plans for world domination going, how many of their subscribers renewed?  I’m not sure they’re going to make the Scottish Premiership in 5 years……..

They’re licensed and sitting 7th in the Lowland league. Got there on merit too.  I don’t see Blackburn who left the second tier of junior football ever  getting anywhere near the EOS top league in my lifetime so what is your point?

2 minutes ago, Midge said:

They’re licensed and sitting 7th in the Lowland league. Got there on merit too.  I don’t see Blackburn who left the second tier of junior football ever  getting anywhere near the EOS top league in my lifetime so what is your point?

Any answer to the question I asked, how many of their subscribers renewed and how is it looking in making the Premiership in 5 years?

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Any answer to the question I asked, how many of their subscribers renewed and how is it looking in making the Premiership in 5 years?

I’ve no idea and frankly have no interest, that’s their business.  Forgot you refuse to ever see others point of view and don’t have time to waste conversing with someone that can dish it out but don’t like it back. No doubt you will comeback with yet another arrogant and  condescending reply but I will just leave it at that.