Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

Does anyone happen to know of any Edusport graduates (is that the right word?) who have moved on to play a decent level of football afterwards?

Annan signed a couple of them don't know about anyone else.

Now if Edusports romp the Lowland League next season and win the play-off to the Scottish League what then ? The unease we feel now would be on a different scale if that happened.

Personally I hope they locate next season somewhere in the west of Scotland. If they were clever then to somewhere that there is currently no decent level of footy. Weird, but a club with no ties have total freedom to do what they want.

So a take it this means Lothian thistle can't go up aswell if they won league a thought they were getting things in place

There would have to be a cut off time to get licence in place. I stopped by Saughton yesterday and there is nothing done yet.

17 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

What about relocating to Rothesay? That would be a great away trip, have a wee drink on the ferry.

I would have given you 2 greenies for that if I could 

Outstanding idea 

When did we find out that Stirling Uni were playing at westfield last season. 

I don't have any problem with Edusport, if they are better than Preston then the league is stronger

Hopefully Preston will do well in the East of Scotland League but good to see a team being relegated.  Second bottom in 2015 and 2016 (ahead of Threave both times) and last this season.  Just need to get LTHV, Leith and Tynecastle licensed and we could see some regular promotion/relegation between the leagues.  Heriot-Watt did pretty well this year as well...I wonder if they could get licensed with the new Oriam?

Interesting to see what will happen with Wigtown/St. Cuthbert/Threave should they win the league next season and no East team is licensed.  

In future seasons, if a north team is relegated from League Two to the Highland League and a Lowland League team wins the playoffs and is promoted, would they simply have no relegation from the Lowland League?  One team up from the East/South and no teams down?

On 5/2/2017 at 23:07, HibeeJibee said:

I was in Rothesay recently, and it has a fine stadium with grandstand apparently home to Rothesday Brandan of mainland's Caledonian AFL.

Thread seems to have taken a tangent...

Played there a few times in my younger days.  Always a tough match but always a great day out to boot.

12 hours ago, stanley said:

Hopefully Preston will do well in the East of Scotland League but good to see a team being relegated.  Second bottom in 2015 and 2016 (ahead of Threave both times) and last this season.  Just need to get LTHV, Leith and Tynecastle licensed and we could see some regular promotion/relegation between the leagues.  Heriot-Watt did pretty well this year as well...I wonder if they could get licensed with the new Oriam?

Interesting to see what will happen with Wigtown/St. Cuthbert/Threave should they win the league next season and no East team is licensed.  

In future seasons, if a north team is relegated from League Two to the Highland League and a Lowland League team wins the playoffs and is promoted, would they simply have no relegation from the Lowland League?  One team up from the East/South and no teams down?

That would be the scenario currently i.e. reverse of situation Selkirk are in.

Suppose you could promote both champions (I'd favour that) but it could render their playoff pointless after-the-event.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 00:37, tamthebam said:

You might be right HJ but I haven't notice a lot of French females playing for Spartans Ladies- the only French female you might see at one of their games is Emma Hingant! 

Saw this pop up on their social media TtB, must be a few anyway:

In other news Edusport - who did tennis at one time, IIRC, and seem to have rugby - branch out into creative dance:

http://www.edusportacademy.com/danse

26 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saw this pop up on their social media TtB, must be a few anyway:

In other news Edusport - who did tennis at one time, IIRC, and seem to have rugby - branch out into creative dance:

http://www.edusportacademy.com/danse

Will their home park be Hamilton Palace?