Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/fees/

Quoting £16k fees for next season - ouch! I notice they host a "training camp" in July for prospective joiners, which I suspect doubles up as trials for the main squad.

As someone who knew very little about them, I'm intrigued now I've read up. Hopefully will be a decent side to watch in terms of quality.

http://www.edusportacademy.com/en/fees/
Quoting £16k fees for next season - ouch! I notice they host a "training camp" in July for prospective joiners, which I suspect doubles up as trials for the main squad.
As someone who knew very little about them, I'm intrigued now I've read up. Hopefully will be a decent side to watch in terms of quality.

Ricky and Ryan have the boys playing very well! Obviously, at the start of the season the players are not all that great and they aren't in the system properly but when you get towards the end of the season, they play some great football and they are very impressive at times too!

7 hours ago, theProdigy said:

Ricky and Ryan have the boys playing very well! Obviously, at the start of the season the players are not all that great and they aren't in the system properly but when you get towards the end of the season, they play some great football and they are very impressive at times too!

Surely a team of French guys paying £16k per head can't have a place in Scottish football? Before anyone starts with "it's open to Scottish boys" Can you seriously imagine any Scottish youth player paying this?

Surely a team of French guys paying £16k per head can't have a place in Scottish football? Before anyone starts with "it's open to Scottish boys" Can you seriously imagine any Scottish youth player paying this?

Tbf, I think that anyone can have a place in Scottish football if they want it... And these French lads are willing to pay £16k a year to come across then they clearly want a chance, so I'd say they are welcome to their chance!

I'm yet to see a proper reason why they shouldn't be allowed to play so I think it is clear that they should be allowed to...

No disrespect to the SoSFL but they have improved the overall standard of the league in the 3 years they were down here so all the best to Ricky, Ryan and all of next years crop!

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Honestly don't see how their nationality has anything to do with this... unless your a xenophobe of course

11 minutes ago, theProdigy said:

emoji108.png

Don't start with the xenophobic patter, that's not my angle! My issue is with the blocking of Scottish youth players. Can you tell me what Edusport bring to the Scottish game?

17 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Honestly don't see how their nationality has anything to do with this... unless your a xenophobe of course

To be clear, I don't lay the blame at Edusport's door, I blame the SFA for giving them a license in the first place.

Don't start with the xenophobic patter, that's not my angle! My issue is with the blocking of Scottish youth players. Can you tell me what Edusport bring to the Scottish game?

Why is their nationality relevant?

It is no clubs job to 'bring something' that is not what a pyramid is about.

Do they meet the off-field requirements for LL? Have they successfully achieved the on-pitch results to earn promotion?

If they do that then nobody can really complain.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Why is their nationality relevant?

It is no clubs job to 'bring something' that is not what a pyramid is about.

Do they meet the off-field requirements for LL? Have they successfully achieved the on-pitch results to earn promotion?

If they do that then nobody can really complain.

If you transplant a team from another country into our leagues, what does that say or do for our youth set up? 

As I said, I don't blame Edusport, I blame the SFA.

If you transplant a team from another country into our leagues, what does that say or do for our youth set up? 
As I said, I don't blame Edusport, I blame the SFA.

Edusport are training youngsters in scotland, how is that poor for our youth set up, and why should they give a f**k?

To be clear, I don't lay the blame at Edusport's door, I blame the SFA for giving them a license in the first place.

So they have given a handful of Scottish lads a chance to play this season... That's giving Scottish youths a chance to play! However, you'll be the same sort of person who will be calling for Celtic/Rangers/whichever SPFL club you support to sign the top talent they can afford, regardless of nationality! It's really poor that your big problem is that players from one country (France) are getting a chance to showcase their skills and improve in a different country (Scotland)...

And you say that you feel it is the SFA's fault for giving them a license... Well first of all, they don't need a license to compete in the Juniors, Amateurs or in either of the league's at Tier 6, so the SFA can't actually be at fault for this! But however, you could land the blame with the EU as they allow free movement of people which enables these French lads to move here and play!

And finally, to answer your question on what they provide to Scottish football... They are a competitive team which, as a result of playing against them, means other teams, players and coaches improve as they have to attempt to beat them... They also add to the diversity of Scottish football! As they add players from a different country... They also get to play the sport they love whilst studying English! So in effect, this team is the same as that of Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow Universities who all have their license and are student based teams! These teams also see constant overhaul of players and will have foreigners playing, so they should also not be allowed to play too, surely?

Hope this makes you see some reason!

4 minutes ago, theProdigy said:

So they have given a handful of Scottish lads a chance to play this season... That's giving Scottish youths a chance to play! However, you'll be the same sort of person who will be calling for Celtic/Rangers/whichever SPFL club you support to sign the top talent they can afford, regardless of nationality! It's really poor that your big problem is that players from one country (France) are getting a chance to showcase their skills and improve in a different country (Scotland)...

And you say that you feel it is the SFA's fault for giving them a license... Well first of all, they don't need a license to compete in the Juniors, Amateurs or in either of the league's at Tier 6, so the SFA can't actually be at fault for this! But however, you could land the blame with the EU as they allow free movement of people which enables these French lads to move here and play!

And finally, to answer your question on what they provide to Scottish football... They are a competitive team which, as a result of playing against them, means other teams, players and coaches improve as they have to attempt to beat them... They also add to the diversity of Scottish football! As they add players from a different country... They also get to play the sport they love whilst studying English! So in effect, this team is the same as that of Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow Universities who all have their license and are student based teams! These teams also see constant overhaul of players and will have foreigners playing, so they should also not be allowed to play too, surely?

Hope this makes you see some reason!

You are also right. 

Hey prodigy at least they are accepting their promotion with their license which is more than you or any other licensed club in sosfl seem to be willing to do so please no more pish from you

It's entertaining to listen to your conspiracy theories when you don't watch Wigtown and you don't know any of the players...

Edu won the title fair and square, but if you watch each of the 3 games that determined the title (Wigtown vs Nithsdale, Edu vs Wigtown, Mids vs Wigtown), refereeing helped shape two games while all 3 sides game planned, successfully, and cause problems!

When you know the boys as well as I do, and have watched all their games this season, you would have noticed that in some of the games (the draws against Saints and Threave for example), Wigtown have got lucky with what has gone on and as a result have gained points they shouldn't have got... Sometimes teams lose!

Surprised your not suggesting that Mids and Lochar, who were in the top three for most of the first half of the season and led the league until mid-September, threw the league... Or is that still yet to come? Also surprised you haven't suggested that Saints threw the game against Edu a few weeks ago...

Dont see the issue, they have won the league and gained promotion.
To be fair I think its more of a bad reflection on every other club that is now below them than anything else.

I wouldn't say it reflects badly on anyone tbf... These boys are, for the most part, good players! Three of last years group are playing at Annan (Raffi Krissian, Jean Guy Lucas & Tony Riberio) and one is at Glacis United in the Gibraltar Premier Division (Yves Nyami)... Albeit this is a small number but, a few have come back for a second year and a few will have gone to other clubs so I'd say they will be working to a success!