Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

38 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:
10 hours ago, Stu said:
Fun and games for the Braves' reserve side at Threave on Saturday. Two players trying to knock lumps out of each other before the game started!
Appreciate it was in the South but thought I might as well post it on this thread.
[/Footballers caught fighting ahead of crunch match given the boot by club
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/footballers-caught-brawling-ahead-crunch-18836892#ICID=ios_DailyRecordNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Smaller man landed cleanest blow top journalism. Would be an interesting  mini bus home on Saturday  😂😂😂

Edited by newcastle broon

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Smaller man landed cleanest blow top journalism. Would be an interesting  mini bus home on Saturday  😂😂😂

before landing on the seat of his pants:lol: good photos as well.

On a side note notice Cowden's ex assistant manager Mark Fotheringham must have been the trialist sub for their 1st team on Saturday seen a pic of him on their twitter.

On 03/08/2019 at 09:49, cowdenbeath said:

Its maybe a naff sounding name but it has people talking about the club more than they ever did when it was Edusport so from that point of view it has been a success from the owners point of view.

Fair point. How long will the attention last though? Clubs need roots, especially this one which has flitted about, a name which had some kind of reference to a community would help with that.

Anyways apart from the name it's great to see some ambition. Best of luck to them.

1 minute ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Fair point. How long will the attention last though? Clubs need roots, especially this one which has flitted about, a name which had some kind of reference to a community would help with that.

Anyways apart from the name it's great to see some ambition. Best of luck to them.

We're  talking about it now so its still lasting:lol: Its all about publicity and getting in the public eye which they seem to be doing on twitter etc.

Their trying to make roots where they are now and must have spent a few quid on their ground, cheap as chips season ticket etc looks like they are trying to establish themselves in the area.

14 hours ago, Stu said:

Fun and games for the Braves' reserve side at Threave on Saturday. Two players trying to knock lumps out of each other before the game started!

Appreciate it was in the South but thought I might as well post it on this thread.

I wonder if the Boxing Braves get a refund on their fees given they have been kicked out the club?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I wonder if the Boxing Braves get a refund on their fees given they have been kicked out the club?

Hard one that would mummy and daddy get the fees back if their kid was expelled from a public school?

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

before landing on the seat of his pants:lol: good photos as well.

On a side note notice Cowden's ex assistant manager Mark Fotheringham must have been the trialist sub for their 1st team on Saturday seen a pic of him on their twitter.

The team lines show it was Simon Mensing. It was definitely Mensing that played the week before against Abbey Vale.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I wondered that as well. Maybe instead of being refunded they'll be given a few hundred annual memberships to give to their pals.

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

The team lines show it was Simon Mensing. It was definitely Mensing that played the week before against Abbey Vale.

One  of the pics pn their twitter looked like Fozzy couldn't have been though if Mrnzing was the trialist.

On 03/08/2019 at 09:49, cowdenbeath said:

Its maybe a naff sounding name but it has people talking about the club more than they ever did when it was Edusport so from that point of view it has been a success from the owners point of view.

Most of the talk has been negative, though, especially about the name.  It'll be interesting to see if people actually turn out to watch them; hopefully they do.  At least they have a home base now, which is an excellent move forward; it was ridiculous that they were allowed into the pyramid with absolutely nothing behind them except for a guy trying to make money out of it.

4 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Most of the talk has been negative, though, especially about the name.  It'll be interesting to see if people actually turn out to watch them; hopefully they do.  At least they have a home base now, which is an excellent move forward; it was ridiculous that they were allowed into the pyramid with absolutely nothing behind them except for a guy trying to make money out of it.

Fair point but they have still been in the public eye more than ever. I agree with you about them getting in the  pyramid but at the time the juniors weren't going for it and the likes of Edusport saw an opportunity which they took.

Edited by cowdenbeath

On 06/08/2019 at 11:26, Stu said:

I wondered that as well. Maybe instead of being refunded they'll be given a few hundred annual memberships to give to their pals.

Different game. The mystery trialist was in the 1st team game, Mensing in the SoS game.

Edited by cmontheloknow

8 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Different game. The mystery trialist was in the 1st team game, Mensing in the SoS game.

Ah apologies, was getting confused between the two games, didn't realise he was referring to the Lowland game (despite him clearly saying he was talking about the firsts!).

Edited by Stu

Fair point but they have still been in the public eye more than ever. I agree with you about them getting in the  pyramid but at the time the juniors weren't going for it and the likes of Edusport saw an opportunity which they took.
Fred West was in the public eye too.

That shouldn't be anything to measure suitability to be being in a pyramid division.

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Fred West was in the public eye too.

That shouldn't be anything to measure suitability to be being in a pyramid division.

The LL were obviously desperate for teams for the west in the early days and EK, Cumbernauld Colts and Edusport applied when the juniors didn't just took, advantage of a situation to suit their clubs.

The LL were obviously desperate for teams for the west in the early days and EK, Cumbernauld Colts and Edusport applied when the juniors didn't just took, advantage of a situation to suit their clubs.

To be fair to EDU/ the LL they weren’t elected to the LL(and even rejected at one point I think) they won promotion from the SoS. EK also came from SoS(tho never actually played a game)

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

To be fair to EDU/ the LL they weren’t elected to the LL(and even rejected at one point I think) they won promotion from the SoS. EK also came from SoS(tho never actually played a game)

Sorry my bad forgot about their stint in the SOSL as you say Kilby were members but never played a game, Just trying to make the point to HD that these were the only west clubs interested.