Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Good to see them have their own ground.  

If they do do change names then I really hope they go for one that incorporates the local area and certainly not featuring Glasgow 

"Strathclyde" would be good in their name, they're in the only place in the region genuinely associated with the word.

Nice wee ground in a reasonable location, covered seating, great pricing, and a genuine attempt to build a local fanbase. I used to have a sneaky dig at Edusport (and I suppose by implication at the LL) because they weren't a "real" club. I guess that's that finished then. All I need is BSC to move into Scotstoun or someplace and I'll be left with nothing to moan about. I'm almost disappointed.

Fair play to Edusport (or whatever they are/will be called), they’ve made a lot of us eat our words. I just hope they continue on this journey and finally settle into being an acceptable wee team with a decent local backing.

A new change to Strathclyde or Lanarkshire something would just top things off nicely :thumsup2

It's looking not too bad really. The stadium name has really grown on me.

Excellent value for anyone just looking for a football fix,

Guess they hope that a few will buy into it, thinking ‘f**k it £25, I go to a few games as a neutral anyway, might as well make that a regular ground’ hope that after a few games it becomes ‘well I’ve paid for it anyway, might as well get the value’ and attend a 10 games +

Get a season ticket the following year and they get used to the habit, they start keeping an eye out for signings, maybe they start to enjoy the journey of the young french kids coming into the side, they still consider themselves an interested neutral... and suddenly they find themselves shouting YASS after a late winner... Their hooked for the next 50 years.

On another note their the reply to calling them a plastic club is cliche fantastic.

“Our club is made up of people mate. Good people. Football people. People with drive and passion. People who love the game and challenge themselves and those around them to be better. People who thrive on challenges and laugh in the face of negativity”

If that’s not above the home dressing room door then something isn’t right.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

“Our club is made up of people mate. Good people. Football people. People with drive and passion. People who love the game and challenge themselves and those around them to be better. People who thrive on challenges and laugh in the face of negativity”

Wide door required, tbf.

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Excellent value for anyone just looking for a football fix,

Guess they hope that a few will buy into it, thinking ‘f**k it £25, I go to a few games as a neutral anyway, might as well make that a regular ground’ hope that after a few games it becomes ‘well I’ve paid for it anyway, might as well get the value’ and attend a 10 games +

Get a season ticket the following year and they get used to the habit, they start keeping an eye out for signings, maybe they start to enjoy the journey of the young french kids coming into the side, they still consider themselves an interested neutral... and suddenly they find themselves shouting YASS after a late winner... Their hooked for the next 50 years.

On another note their the reply to calling them a plastic club is cliche fantastic.

Exactly! If only ICT thought the same when they were formed, instead of ripping off the little support they held on to from day 1. Only recently have they started reaching out to the youngsters and thought about creating a ‘real’ fanbase

It's a positive move by Eurosport to engage with a potential fan base.

Would love to see them improve their social media presence as well and inform properly on their website what is happening with the playing side of the club eg 1st team squad details, signings and departures, match stats and reports etc. This may already be happening behind a pay wall but not something I will ever find out about as I'm not about to become a member.

To be honest for a club who have ambitions to progress I can't imagine a business model without plans for a proper social media presence.

Still not a fan of their presence at this level of football, it remains an embarrassment in my eyes and I hope that they eventually start to move downwards as the Pyramid opens up.

What they have built for next season should have been in place before they were even entertained for a licence, the trips to Annan ripped the piss out of it IMO.

I doubt they will draw much of a support to replace the curious onlookers that turned up in Annan.  Where are all these paying internet members, do they ever go to games?

• 3 weeks later...