Sign in to follow this  
Baxter's Nutmeg

Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Have they decided what they're doing about those mental options for the name change yet?

I would suggest taking the 255 to Orchard Avenue at the boundary between Hamilton and Bothwell and walking it (about 20 minutes).

You can't get lost because there's a giant thirty foot Ferris wheel lighting up the sky next to it that you can see from many, many miles away, so just walk towards that.

Out of interest how does it work with Edusport Academy's SFA licence when moving to a now ground? Is there a latest time for the ground to be sanction by the SFA and does this have to happen by a particular Lowland League deadline to be ok for season 19/20 eg by the LL agm ?

Personally I will genuinely miss Shire's Friday night trips to Annan. Great place for an overnight stay and a few beers and a coastal walk the next day to clear the head! Don't think overnight stays in Hamilton, Bothwell or Bellshill will be quite the same - I am not into fun parks.

10 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Team name still the same? 

They've had a vote to change the name. Haven't seen anything publicly yet. Should probably hear soon if they plan to change it for the new season as i'm guessing it's something that would have to be okayed at the LL AGM.

On 26/05/2019 at 19:14, FairWeatherFan said:

They've had a vote to change the name. Haven't seen anything publicly yet. Should probably hear soon if they plan to change it for the new season as i'm guessing it's something that would have to be okayed at the LL AGM.

Aye, the name change has to be agreed by the league. 

I'm not sure If I'm the only one but Edusport Academy seems fine for me but think they want Glasgow in the new name. 

Aye, the name change has to be agreed by the league. 
I'm not sure If I'm the only one but Edusport Academy seems fine for me but think they want Glasgow in the new name. 
Judging by the name change poll they've ditched the 'Glasgow United' thing & only one of the options (Lanarkshire Lynx) has a geographic locale in it's name. Having geography in their name would help them build a fanbase & establish themselves in the community.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

"Alliance Park".  Looks tidy.

Anyone know the postcode ?

ML1 3RB

Accorrding to Google Maps

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Fair play to them to actually having their own base now. Maybe they can build some sort of roots in the area

Yes, and the name is quite nice, and apt.

On 5/25/2019 at 13:23, Only one David Marsh said:

Nearest station will be Bellshill 30 minutes walk away 

Blantyre would be about the same distance if you cross the Clyde by the footbridge to Bothwell.