Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

Have they completely cut ties with the french then?
Edusport academy is still on the go, just curtailed a bit with Covid, like everything else I guess. Certainly in the past it was the edu academy players who made up the bulk of the SOS team and have to assume that will happen again once things ease up. There are now u19, u16 and u15 Braves teams as well.

Having youth teams could go a way to help the club build & expand it's supporter/fan base.

Still in my bad books for enabling colts however. Will give them credit though for being in better nick than Broomhill.

23 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Having youth teams could go a way to help the club build & expand it's supporter/fan base.

Still in my bad books for enabling colts however. Will give them credit though for being in better nick than Broomhill.

I doubt it really.  Slap bang between Motherwell and Hamilton and no geographic catchment area. I don't think their model relies on crowds to be fair, but if they'd called themselves Bothwell they might at least have found some dignity and got a few along when they played bigger teams or cup games.

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I doubt it really.  Slap bang between Motherwell and Hamilton and no geographic catchment area. I don't think their model relies on crowds to be fair, but if they'd called themselves Bothwell they might at least have found some dignity and got a few along when they played bigger teams or cup games.

They picked a name to appeal to oddball trainspotter types online.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the Braves game tonight as I live down the road from Bothwell and, without meaning to sound snide, was really shocked to see actual Braves fans there. Every time I’ve been to see them in the past the only people cheering them on were parents of French youngsters intermittently shouting “Allez, Allez!” so was stunned to hear actual Scottish shouts.

Obviously, COVID will have curtailed the amount of French lads in the team but what else have they done to actually get people who aren’t just weirdo trainspotters like me going?

• 9 months later...
for a club that's meant to appeal to online fans with their Club App etc they are spookily quiet on here???
no news on squad departures or signings??
Rhys Armstrong has signed for Spartans, he'll be a big loss. Hoping the majority of the squad will be signed up again for next season, had the nucleus of a decent squad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2021 at 00:53, VillanoXIV said:

I went to the Braves game tonight as I live down the road from Bothwell and, without meaning to sound snide, was really shocked to see actual Braves fans there. Every time I’ve been to see them in the past the only people cheering them on were parents of French youngsters intermittently shouting “Allez, Allez!” so was stunned to hear actual Scottish shouts.

Obviously, COVID will have curtailed the amount of French lads in the team but what else have they done to actually get people who aren’t just weirdo trainspotters like me going?

Is Bothwell about the nearest point to Caley's ground you can get to by public transport?

Been a couple of times but by car.