Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Listening to a podcast with the guy Ewing just now and this is a valid point. He seems to view it as a completely new club when they changed name.

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

When they came out with the badge last year that was something that stood out.

Welcome to Caledonian Braves | Scotland

This was my whole point.

How did they get passed the SFA criteria and how did they remain LL if they were a completely different club? 

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

This was my whole point.

How did they get passed the SFA criteria and how did they remain LL if they were a completely different club? 

Probably in the similar way Livingston came to be, or how Clyde were going to become EK Clyde at one point.

• 3 months later...

haha even first half and just before half-time a 60 yard volley/lob-quite stunning and then 2 more worldies early in second half killed the contest- Braves just folded after that....

Hats off to Gretna for some exceptional strikes!

• 4 weeks later...

Are you lot confident about your trip to Inverness on Saturday? I know you've been struggling a bit this season, but you've got 11 league games under your belt, and this will be Clachnacuddin's first game, the first being called off because of Covid in the away team and the second due to a rain deluge, and we've got 8 new players in the squad, so who knows how it will go. Weather looks good, looking forward to it!

image.thumb.png.b85d1a15598bb11ce1366f58e440af5d.png

Impossible to call from a Braves point of view...kinda misfiring at both ends of the park...maybe a break from league business could be the change needed but regardless any away game in the highlands will be tough!

Here's hoping for an entertaining match.

Impossible to call from a Braves point of view...kinda misfiring at both ends of the park...maybe a break from league business could be the change needed but regardless any away game in the highlands will be tough!
Here's hoping for an entertaining match.
It will require a brave performance to win in north caladonia

Well done for progressing, I think having a few games under your belt told in the end. Quite hopeful after our first competitive game of the season, for a while it looked like going into extra time, one of your lads got a straight red for a lunging tackle in the first half, we weren't enough of a threat up front though. There was a proper full size TV camera filming it, was that from your lot?

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Well done for progressing, I think having a few games under your belt told in the end. Quite hopeful after our first competitive game of the season, for a while it looked like going into extra time, one of your lads got a straight red for a lunging tackle in the first half, we weren't enough of a threat up front though. There was a proper full size TV camera filming it, was that from your lot?

The SFA were filming all the ties to put out highlights packages, so it may have been theirs. 

17 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

The SFA were filming all the ties to put out highlights packages, so it may have been theirs. 

It just looked a bit funny next to another guy with what looked like a mobile phone on a tripod. :lol:

P.S. Well done for thrashing Locos by the way, one of our better teams on a good day. My best mate in Grangemouth used to be a Shire fan when I was growing up, so still check their results every week.

Edited by welshbairn