Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

32 minutes ago, ballermk said:

The clueless muppet from camelon with no backbone and flipped like a switch from constant support of the great junior grade to total opposite is again at it blindly sticking up for anything that suits his new position even though anyone with half a brain can see this mob are a sham of a club like a good four or five more in this lowland league.

Juniors are still dead mate.

It pleases me that this death has unhinged you.

Can we compile a list of the Sham Clubs in the Lowland League?

I nominate:

EDINBURGH UNIVERSITY AFC
With only 142 years of history, and precisely no Ardagh Glass wins, they are clearly ripe for defenestration. Get them punted back to the South of Scotland League where they came from. I hate students.

CIVIL SERVICE STROLLERS FC
Founded in 1908, they've only seen Hibs win one Scottish Cup. Yes they've got floodlights, but so does Shotts Prison. Get them chased. I hate strollers, nonchalant sods.

40 minutes ago, ballermk said:

The clueless muppet from camelon with no backbone and flipped like a switch from constant support of the great junior grade to total opposite is again at it blindly sticking up for anything that suits his new position even though anyone with half a brain can see this mob are a sham of a club like a good four or five more in this lowland league.

Shambles of a post number 26 #shamblescount 

What about a nice new facility a team which could give something different eith fan ownership. German clubs are owned 50% by their fans
Fan ownership is nothing new in Scotland. Clyde have been fan owned for around 10 years.

7 minutes ago, jinky said:

Totally disagree with your very parochial and extremely harsh summary of what this club is trying to achieve...more power to Chris Ewing and the Braves for attempting something different and hope you prove all the doubters wrong!

My advice to you is stick with the same old Shire...never try anything new and in a few years hopefully vanish and never to be seen again!!

hahaha well you are obviously rattled. They wont prove any doubters wrong, they are never going to grow a fanbase and they are never going to get any higher than they currently are. In 20 years time people will look at old Lowland League tables and laugh at the fact there was a team called 'Caledonian Braves'. 

I'll stick with my beloved Shire jinky don't you worry about that. You stick to being an absolute seething mess on a football forum 😂

hahaha well you are obviously rattled. They wont prove any doubters wrong, they are never going to grow a fanbase and they are never going to get any higher than they currently are. In 20 years time people will look at old Lowland League tables and laugh at the fact there was a team called 'Caledonian Braves'. 
I'll stick with my beloved Shire jinky don't you worry about that. You stick to being an absolute seething mess on a football forum [emoji23]
You forgot to mention the "souless cage" they call their stadium mate.

12 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I'll stick with my beloved Shire jinky don't you worry about that. You stick to being an absolute seething mess on a football forum 😂

well we'll need to agree to differ on this one...I'm all for innovation and they are already established within the pyramid structure after only a few years!!

Met plenty of your type over the years who are stuck in the old ways and can only dish out negativity at others who at least are attempting something new....anyway hope they do well,only time will tell.

11 hours ago, jinky said:

well we'll need to agree to differ on this one...I'm all for innovation and they are already established within the pyramid structure after only a few years!!

Met plenty of your type over the years who are stuck in the old ways and can only dish out negativity at others who at least are attempting something new....anyway hope they do well,only time will tell.

Trying something new isn't a virtue. I could try brushing my teeth with a blender. That'd be new but also fucking stupid.

On 24/07/2020 at 22:11, Gordon EF said:

Trying something new isn't a virtue. I could try brushing my teeth with a blender. That'd be new but also fucking stupid.

Absolutely-the quality of their innovation will be their virtue and like most things in life this should be judged over time!

1 hour ago, jinky said:

Absolutely-the quality of their innovation will be their virtue and like most things in life this should be judged over time!

Why the name change?

The only problem I have with them is they are a totally different identity to what they were set up as.

Changing the name and staying in the LL was a master stroke. 

Good luck to them it seems to have bypassed the licensing committee. 

Only in Scotland would a league be set up before the vast majority of clubs to be affected were on board. The Braves, and others, have taken advantage of of that nonsense and fair play to them. 

As far as them being the "something new" that apparently what Scottish football needs, that's nonsense too. We need a challenge to Celtic (and Rangers, once they sort themselves out) and players able to compete at international level, not a real-life Melchester Rovers playing before family and friends in the middle of nowhere. They've done themselves no favours with the daft name and the location.

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Only in Scotland would a league be set up before the vast majority of clubs to be affected were on board. The Braves, and others, have taken advantage of of that nonsense and fair play to them.

They tried to get the majority on board. The first proper proposals started in 2011 and were rejigged along the way. Probably the main thing that got the then SFL on board was that the SFA would cover parachute payments of £40k year one and £20k if there was a year two. At a time when the SFL First Division champion was getting something like £60+k.

They were gearing up for a 2013-14 start date before the SPFL was confirmed as definitely happening. If the groundwork hadn't already been layed, its possible the SPFL financial redistribution model would of killed off the idea.

The SJFA's response along the way was no mandatory promotion. Delay entry until at least 2014-15. That the SJFA rules and constitution would remain unchanged. The vast majority of its members couldn't afford or meet licencing standards anyway.

As for Eduport/Braves they did take advantage but at least they did it in kinda the right way. They applied to the Lowland League in 2014 and were rejected, so they joined the SoSFL to enter the pyramid. Applied to the Lowland League in 2015 and 2016 where they were rejected again. Ultimately winning promotion by winning the 2016-17 SoSFL.Plenty of others would of called it at day and moved on after so many rejections.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Pressing on ahead with the LL and pyramid structure before waiting for the Junior administrations to get on board has probably been one of the success stories of Scottish football over recent years. The mad structure of Scottish football was a legacy issue from before anyone involved today was born. It's a bit fucking miserly to use that to have a typical da 'only in Scotland' moan.

The juniors have moved across and things will sort themselves out over time. Really, who cares if teams like Edusport and a few of the weaker teams that probably can't sustain being at tier 5 in the long run manage to cling on until things equilibrate?

Edited by Gordon EF

On 26/07/2020 at 13:36, Gordon EF said:

Pressing on ahead with the LL and pyramid structure before waiting for the Junior administrations to get on board has probably been one of the success stories of Scottish football over recent years....

Limiting the LL's initial numbers to16 maximum selected by application made any junior defection very difficult to argue for in the context of a club AGM and that pretty much guaranteed that the LL was going to be dominated initially by former EoS premier clubs, along with some SoS clubs and boys clubs in the west. If there had been a willingness to accomodate all credible applicants in a new Lowlands pyramid structure in a similar manner to what just happened with the WoS things may have unfolded very differently. This flaw in the process was pointed out by people (particularly by Clydebank fans) on here at the time it was all unfolding. Tom Johnston has a lot to answer for, but he wasn't the only person involved that was playing a cynical game.  Spartans were heavily involved in the blazer politics and were in it primarily to provide a platform for Spartans to be promoted to the SPFL rather than to create an all-encompassing pyramid.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 26/07/2020 at 09:09, newcastle broon said:

Why the name change?

The only problem I have with them is they are a totally different identity to what they were set up as.

Changing the name and staying in the LL was a master stroke. 

Good luck to them it seems to have bypassed the licensing committee. 

What has the name change got to do with licensing?

On 24/07/2020 at 11:02, selfassemblyshire said:
On 23/07/2020 at 22:45, craigiemack said:
I'll stick with my beloved Shire jinky don't you worry about that. You stick to being an absolute seething mess on a football forum emoji23.png

You forgot to mention the "souless cage" they call their stadium mate.

That's rich coming from a nomadic outfit like East Stirling....Merchiston Park to Firs Park to Ochilview to Falkirk Stadium and starting off with a name like Britannia??...apparently an offshoot of  a local cricket club!!

Also, the first club ever to be relegated out of the national league system...so maybe have a wee look at your clubs checkered past before jumping on a new outfit that is still very much in its embryonic journey.