Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Even more ridiculous now when they're claiming to be a new club in their "1st ever Scottish Cup game". How have they managed to get passed the SFA and even a licence when they're claiming that ? 🤔 

If that's the case should've been made to start again,al leave it at that but good luck today !! :thumsup2

Screenshot_20190921-095954_Twitter.jpg

Good point, they are claiming "est 2019", in which case if they are a brand new club, how are they in the LL?

Rothes have financial backing these days, so are midtable in the HL. Not sure why you thought Broxburn would be an easy game. It very easily could have been them getting promoted last season rather than Bonnyrigg Rose, so they are probably top half LL in quality. Losing to Blackburn in the South Challenge Cup would be much more of a shock.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 21/09/2019 at 10:09, newcastle broon said:

Even more ridiculous now when they're claiming to be a new club in their "1st ever Scottish Cup game". How have they managed to get passed the SFA and even a licence when they're claiming that ? 🤔 

If that's the case should've been made to start again,al leave it at that but good luck today !! :thumsup2

Screenshot_20190921-095954_Twitter.jpg

"Well as you can see, the Edusport entity doesn't exist any more, so as much as I'd love to, I can't refund your fees for this season."

Looking forward to my trip to Edufrance this weekend.

Always gave us a decent game with plenty of goala involved and Saturday should be no difference.

Are there any pubs near the ground and is the piehut any good?

EDIT

C'mon The Shire

There is a beefeater pub type thing right next door to the ground. Also alona hotel with bar across from it. And not forgetting the good old m&ds funfair pub just across the road. This also has a wimpy burger bar inside it. But it aint like the wimpy i remember from years ago. Burger was rank.

There is a beefeater pub type thing right next door to the ground. Also alona hotel with bar across from it. And not forgetting the good old m&ds funfair pub just across the road. This also has a wimpy burger bar inside it. But it aint like the wimpy i remember from years ago. Burger was rank.
Cheers mate!

Good win today. 3-0 flattered the French today. No surprise they gave up after the first goal.

Their best player was number 5. Pretty sure he was French. Should've stuck to your roots boys!

Has anyone seen Ross McNeil btw? He was last seen walking onto a football park in France to play against Eddie Malone.

Good win today. 3-0 flattered the French today. No surprise they gave up after the first goal.

Their best player was number 5. Pretty sure he was French. Should've stuck to your roots boys!

Has anyone seen Ross McNeil btw? He was last seen walking onto a football park in France to play against Eddie Malone.

How was the coq au vin from le pie hut selfy?

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

FT - Caledonian Braves 5-5 Dalbeattie Star

giphy.gif

Sounds like some game, CB have the goals on their twitter page but IDK if they post full highlights of matches. One for fans of dodgy defending. 

https://twitter.com/CaleyBraves/status/1179169820853620736

Absolute gutter for Dalbeattie after being 5-2 at one point.

Haven't the entity known at the time as Edusport been involved in a few high-scoring draws in the past few seasons? Seem to vaguely remember another 5-5 at one point, but I could be losing it. 

Edited by AlansHotBath

It was 4-4 via Gala FR at Annan in Jul 17.

5-5 is the record highest ever draw in the Lowland League. Weirdly along with the Edusport 4-4 game above Dalbeattie Star also were involved in 2 of the only 3 other LL games that have ended 4-4.