Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

9 hours ago, Aqy said:

While I don't 100% agree with their business model up to this point, I hope they can put down roots in Strathie and build up a bit of a following. I don't really have an issue with new teams coming in and splashing the cash, as long as it's sustainable and benefits the local community and the fanbase (ie. not Gretna). If there is a bit of separation between the two teams (Caley Braves as the seniors in the LL, and Edusport with the students in SOSL), then there is even less reason to moan about them, in my opinion anyway.

I did email them about the £25 season ticket on Monday, for the odd weekend where County are at home and I can't make it back up north, but they've not messaged me back yet.

Still trying to get payment method in place for season ticket mate, shouldn’t be long now 👍🏼

If anyone's interested, here's their appearances etc from last season. Missing a couple of games unfortunately so not 100% accurate but an indication of what they  were all about at 1st team level last season. They also ran almost exlusively French U20 and U23 sides in the LL/EoS and Central Scottish AFL respectively.

image.thumb.png.7ac7a4855f49ea7ada791991b72cc951.png

Edited by cmontheloknow

On 05/07/2019 at 08:12, Aqy said:

While I don't 100% agree with their business model up to this point, I hope they can put down roots in Strathie and build up a bit of a following. I don't really have an issue with new teams coming in and splashing the cash, as long as it's sustainable and benefits the local community and the fanbase (ie. not Gretna). If there is a bit of separation between the two teams (Caley Braves as the seniors in the LL, and Edusport with the students in SOSL), then there is even less reason to moan about them, in my opinion anyway.

I did email them about the £25 season ticket on Monday, for the odd weekend where County are at home and I can't make it back up north, but they've not messaged me back yet.

Season tickets now available to purchase via PayPal. The link is on the clubs twitter account 👍🏼

13 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

If anyone's interested, here's their appearances etc from last season. Missing a couple of games unfortunately so not 100% accurate but an indication of what they  were all about at 1st team level last season. They also ran almost exlusively French U20 and U23 sides in the LL/EoS and Central Scottish AFL respectively.

image.thumb.png.7ac7a4855f49ea7ada791991b72cc951.png

I remember when we first played Edusport at home and our stadium annoucer had to read out all those French names. When he got to David Sinclair, he pronounced it, Da-vide San-cler, just for the devilment. 

10 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

I remember when we first played Edusport at home and our stadium annoucer had to read out all those French names. When he got to David Sinclair, he pronounced it, Da-vide San-cler, just for the devilment. 

What about Ree-ong Mac-Cong 🤣

I think it's important to make a distinction between teams like East Kilbride or BSC Glasgow and teams like Edusport. 

EK and BSC are both new clubs, but they were set up to represent a community. Edusport are a club set up with no real sense of place or identity who, by their founder's own admission, are purely a money making scheme.

Exactly. 

But if they make a go if it and develop into a club that does contribute something to the local community, they get a loud Hurrah! from me. Having a ground is a good start.

But that new name.........

With the Caledonian Braves name determined and to be confirmed next week I believe. What's the status of new club badge, colours and kit?

Has that all been agreed or is the team starting the season as Edusport Academy?

I'd imagine those are things that the ourfootballclub people would have a vote on. And it's getting close to have a vote and everything in place for the start of the season.

Just tried googling Caledonian Braves to see if the name change was official. One of the first results that pops up is

https://ourfootballclub.com/members-area/forums/topic/caledonian-braves-fc-est-2019/

image.png.3a530a1ea1b9761601d41f236d3ba44f.png

Is this trying wipe away the history of the Edusport Academy years?

Also brings up the companies house docs for Caledonian Braves Ltd. Which for the time being only has the one Director and one Shareholder on the incorporation docs.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC635380/filing-history

16 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Get this team so far to f**k. Every person that backs this team is an absolute embarrassment to lower league football. The sooner they get punted out of existence the better

Shouldn’t have been allowed to be part of the Pyramid. No issue with them having teams in SPFL Development Leagues but I don’t think they belong in the Pyramid.