Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

10 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Team name still the same? 

They've had a vote to change the name. Haven't seen anything publicly yet. Should probably hear soon if they plan to change it for the new season as i'm guessing it's something that would have to be okayed at the LL AGM.

On 26/05/2019 at 19:14, FairWeatherFan said:

They've had a vote to change the name. Haven't seen anything publicly yet. Should probably hear soon if they plan to change it for the new season as i'm guessing it's something that would have to be okayed at the LL AGM.

Aye, the name change has to be agreed by the league. 

I'm not sure If I'm the only one but Edusport Academy seems fine for me but think they want Glasgow in the new name. 

Aye, the name change has to be agreed by the league. 
I'm not sure If I'm the only one but Edusport Academy seems fine for me but think they want Glasgow in the new name. 
Judging by the name change poll they've ditched the 'Glasgow United' thing & only one of the options (Lanarkshire Lynx) has a geographic locale in it's name. Having geography in their name would help them build a fanbase & establish themselves in the community.

I was critical of the set up, so credit where it's due. It'll be comfortable enough to attend when there's decent games on. It'll be on the days I drive though. I guess it's built with visitors in mind as their model doesn't seem to rely on a home support. They've got this far, so who am I to criticise.

Unless they go with a daft name.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson