Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

On 03/06/2018 at 07:46, FairWeatherFan said:

Unless they move to Glasgow I hope the LL/SFA block a name change like that. 

And I'm curious to see what efforts they've gone through to actually play out of Glasgow. Because it hasn't been that easy for BSC and others sorting out a ground.

Perhaps all the LL teams could put "Glasgow" in their name and then play somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, stanley said:

Not just because of the nature of the club and that they play in Annan, Glasgow United is just a terrible name.

If they could have done some sort of tie up with Glasgow City, I think that's about the only way they could have gotten some goodwill. I doubt City would want anything to do with them though.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Good to see khufu2 stinking out another subforum with his dreadful patter. :)

Khufu2 and his aliases are trolls and best ignored but the BSC Glasgow/Glasgow United issue is one that I find hard to disagree with him about.

1 minute ago, stanley said:

Khufu2 and his aliases are trolls and best ignored but the BSC Glasgow/Glasgow United issue is one that I find hard to disagree with him about.

I tend to agree,how much longer are BSC gonna be playing away from Glasgow?

Are they any nearer to getting somewhere in the city either to play out of or build on and call their own?

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At least Glasgow Perthshire brings some confusion to it.

Tenuously speaking it's in a time-honoured tradition.

There actually used to be a university team in EOSFA called Edinburgh Dumfries & Galloway Students.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Another deluded soul.

Olympique Chatelherault. That would have been a good name.

Edited by Khufu2

2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I tend to agree,how much longer are BSC gonna be playing away from Glasgow?

Are they any nearer to getting somewhere in the city either to play out of or build on and call their own?

A bit longer, and Yes.

Edited by Patches O'Houlihan

34 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Another deluded soul.

Olympique Chatelherault. That would have been a good name.

You do realise I was defending you about the Glasgow situation in the Lowland League?

• 1 month later...
If they could have done some sort of tie up with Glasgow City, I think that's about the only way they could have gotten some goodwill. I doubt City would want anything to do with them though.
Fit young chicks...young French guys far from home...sounds like a match made in Heaven.

On 03/06/2018 at 09:21, DavidMcG said:

Glasgow United won the vote against FC United so they will definitely be going ahead with that name assuming no issues with the amateur team 'United Glasgow' (who actually themselves run a really good system where they open themselves to all players - refugees,  gay players,  immigrants, school leavers, homeless etc and seem to run quite a good community club)

As well as United Glasgow, there is already a team called Glasgow United who are members of the SAFA playing in the  Glasgow and District Saturday Morning League.

7 hours ago, davidalexander85 said:

As well as United Glasgow, there is already a team called Glasgow United who are members of the SAFA playing in the  Glasgow and District Saturday Morning League.

Unless they've restarted recently, they folded a couple of seasons ago.