June 8th General Election

Mudder

Spent the evening canvassing for the Labour Party in South Wales and the response was awful. We are going to lose Wales to the fucking Tories I think. [emoji20]

I thought losing Glasgow would've been labours wake up call, I wonder if this would be.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really have to wonder how far Labour will fall both in Scotland and at UK level.Can see both Corbyn and Dugdale sticking it out after this forthcoming election disaster

7 hours ago, mizfit said:

I thought losing Glasgow would've been labours wake up call, I wonder if this would be.

Well they also missed being fucked in the last WM and Holyrood elections, so 4th time lucky perhaps?

7 hours ago, mizfit said:

They're too far gone now, more so in Scotland. Dugdale is hilariously shite, but there's literally no one in that party with an ounce of political talent. Even if there was, who the f**k is going to ruin their career prospects by being the next Kez? The Tories have been wearing them like a glove up here for months. 

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

You really have to wonder how far Labour will fall both in Scotland and at UK level.Can see both Corbyn and Dugdale sticking it out after this forthcoming election disaster

The UK opinion poll numbers are actually not that bad for Labour at the moment given they are higher than Milliband and Brown achieved at the last two elections. That doesn't make Corbyn the answer for them long term but could make it difficult to get rid of him, especially if the Tories policies on pensioners start to generate a backlash against them and the Tories lead narrows a bit. I don't think Dugdale has anything to fear up until the next Holyrood election in 2021, because this isn't her election this time around in leadership terms.

46 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The UK opinion poll numbers are actually not that bad for Labour at the moment given they are higher than Milliband and Brown achieved at the last two elections. That doesn't make Corbyn the answer for them long term but could make it difficult to get rid of him, especially if the Tories policies on pensioners start to generate a backlash against them and the Tories lead narrows a bit. I don't think Dugdale has anything to fear up until the next Holyrood election in 2021, because this isn't her election this time around in leadership terms.

Corbyn will still get hammered in seats even if the vote percentage is the same or better than miliband. He will use that as justification to stay in IMO, and might precipitate a break up of the labour party. He's spent the campaign talking to labour voters, when really its bringing round UKIP voters that will win the election .

I have to say I'm struggling to believe the polls. I know it's completely anecdotal but my experiences campaigning so far have been very negative and I'm hearing similar things from other comrades.

I have to say I'm struggling to believe the polls. I know it's completely anecdotal but my experiences campaigning so far have been very negative and I'm hearing similar things from other comrades.

"Comrades"? Are you using that ironically?

Another letter from Ruth the mooth this morning. Yet again all about stopping indyref2 with no mention of their own policies.

Does negative campaigning work? They seem to think so.

Also clear they see Aberdeen South as a target.

Another letter from Ruth the mooth this morning. Yet again all about stopping indyref2 with no mention of their own policies.
Does negative campaigning work? They seem to think so.
Also clear they see Aberdeen South as a target.

When you compare that approach with their actual policies the yes it probably does. To be fair to them if I were a Tory I would be trying to hide my policies too.

No, completely honestly.

Do you think it's appropriate? Considering the complete abandonment, in recent times, of values which would make "in comradeship" a good sign off for a labour letter. [emoji849]

Do you think it's appropriate? Considering the complete abandonment, in recent times, of values which would make "in comradeship" a good sign off for a labour letter. [emoji849]

I've never really given it that much consideration to be honest, but I'm not sure if I see anything inappropriate about it really.

I've never really given it that much consideration to be honest, but I'm not sure if I see anything inappropriate about it really.

Your party are Tories in disguise, "comrade".

Archived