June 8th General Election

Mudder

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Just about sums it up. I am losing my faith on English voters to even see this as a reason to bin the fuckers, unfortunately - no matter how we present the alternative as, without hyperbole, the UK's last chance.
Now pinning my hopes on my potential dual citizenship, so don't fùck about with indyref2, will you chaps? We might be coming back before retirement at this rate...

zlyWYNi.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour are just as bad. Not corbyn but the underlying ambition of your plp and disgraceful councillors dropping principles for power

As I've posted before, the plp have tried to remove him, have tried to discredit him, and failed. Now they've either fled to "better" careers or got with the programme - some admittedly for their own interests,but many because they recognise that someone who can put up with the attacks from not only enemies but also supposed allies and still stand strong and uncompromised is someone worthy of the title "Leader".

As I've posted before, the plp have tried to remove him, have tried to discredit him, and failed. Now they've either fled to "better" careers or got with the programme - some admittedly for their own interests,but many because they recognise that someone who can put up with the attacks from not only enemies but also supposed allies and still stand strong and uncompromised is someone worthy of the title "Leader".

Fair point.. But where was the 'leadership' during brexit. He was a fukin joke there... A strong corbyn during that period may have swung the vote by a couple of percent. Where was his strong leadership in opposing an unnecessary and Tory fukin GE.. he trundled along.
He's a fukin decent bloke with a lot of principle.. but he ain't a leader

I think the Remain campaign's obsession with the city of London and forgetting there were millions of people who don't give a shite about its financial powerhouse status probs had more to do with Leave's win than Corbyn's lukewarm support for the EU.

Fair point.. But where was the 'leadership' during brexit. He was a fukin joke there... A strong corbyn during that period may have swung the vote by a couple of percent. Where was his strong leadership in opposing an unnecessary and Tory fukin GE.. he trundled along.

He's a fukin decent bloke with a lot of principle.. but he ain't a leader

Corbyn has never been a fan of Europe,but has stated quite openly, and over a long parliamentary career, that he believed the best way to effect change was from within.

The EU referendum,no matter what spin you want to put spin on it, was not a Party Political issue. It was a referendum.

Corbyn remains committed to getting the best available deal for this country.

On the other side of the coin we have an opportunist who campaigned to remain but has just published a manifesto which says her government would walk away with no deal at all.

The very definition of a no-brainer, even before we get to literally taking food out of children's mouths and taxing the dead. The dead, for f**k's sake.

The Tories manifesto has to be the most empty, visionless piece of shit in the history of politics in this country.

Listening on the news you usually pick up from the headlines what the key thrust of a party's manifesto is - not one headline have I seen or heard had an ounce of vision or even coherence about it - empty words.

If people vote for these muppets on the basis of strong and stable then god help us all.

I always had Sky down as a Tory mouthpiece, but this article seems to suggest even they're asking too many awkward questions for May's liking.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/sky-news-and-conservatives

Just as well we've got an impartial state broadcaster that will scrutinise them properly :rolleyes:

Ahem.. that's an impartial public broadcaster

Whilst it's still shitebaggery, at least Labour rescued a little bit of dignity by having a member of their shadow cabinet do a live interview to discuss the issues from the debate afterwards. The Tories just emailed a list of pledges/soundbites for ITV's political editor to read out on air. What a bunch of spineless c***s :lol:

Whilst it's still shitebaggery, at least Labour rescued a little bit of dignity by having a member of their shadow cabinet do a live interview to discuss the issues from the debate afterwards. The Tories just emailed a list of pledges/soundbites for ITV's political editor to read out on air. What a bunch of spineless c***s :lol:

Strong and Stable, Safe pair of hands

The Hutton Report guaranteed that the BBC's hands have been tied when it comes to reporting on the incumbent Government. We shouldn't be surprised that they go along with whatever the Government of the time says. Either that or they all might get the sack.

We can't blame the Tories for that one.

A thread on Hutton and its affects over the last 14 years would be very interesting. I'm sure many P&Bers know much more about it than me. Might start one tomorrow. Or if someone else would that would be even better. :whistle

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Tories manifesto has to be the most empty, visionless piece of shit in the history of politics in this country.

Listening on the news you usually pick up from the headlines what the key thrust of a party's manifesto is - not one headline have I seen or heard had an ounce of vision or even coherence about it - empty words.

If people vote for these muppets on the basis of strong and stable then god help us all.

At least we're going to have immigration in the tens of thousands at some unspecified time in the future.

That manifesto is no better than any that Screaming Lord Sutch used to put forward, not a jot of explanation on anything, just trust the folk that are telling you f**k all over the folk that are telling you something, it's mindboggling that this shower are going to walk this General Election.

I'm starting to wonder if the Tories are just checking to see what they can get away with now. 

49% of people across the UK are voting for these c***s ffs. 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Tories are just checking to see what they can get away with now. 

49% of people across the UK are voting for these c***s ffs. 

I was saying that to the Mrs last night.  She knows she's going to romp it, so she's doing whatever the f**k she wants.

Fox hunting? f**k aye.

Making rape victims relive their experience for a few bob a week?  Hell yes.

Binning grub for school kids?  Sign me up.

As has been said before, if you're a former Scottish labour voter and you plan to vote Tory next month, I have no idea how you sleep at night.

I'm not so sure now Fide.
She might get her majority, but Labour could push on.

I definitely think the Tories will be out at the next election.

Archived