June 8th General Election

Mudder

The BBC are going into overdrive with the 'Too wee, too poor, too stupid' routine.  Only difference is that this time they are disparaging the whole of the UK in order to rubbish Labours manifesto. 

BBC really make me sick. Is their chief political officer not a Tory. How the fuk can that be impartial

I remember the disgusting clip pre referendum when big eck gave a major telt on the rbs thing but in the BBC news later... they said eck declined to answer

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oaksoft demanding a fully costed counter policy before anyone criticises stupid Tory policies is cracking banter tbf.

I mean I couldn't write a 5000 word thesis on where Pep Guardiola needs to improve his Man City squad but I still feel confident calling them shite.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I've no idea what I pay, to be honest. I don't earn a huge amount, but would happily pay an extra 10% of earnings over, say, £10k if it is spent to alleviate poverty and help those in need.

Corbyn's Manifesto pledge to take 45% income tax on earnings over £80k seems eminently fair and sensible.

You'd have to be a greedy b*****d to think that you need those extra few grand to add to your already massive salary more than people need unemployment or disability benefit, or the developing World needs aid, from wealthy countries like Britain. (Just as an example of the sort of things taxes are, and should, be spent on).

If you're taking about paying for people to care for incapacitated or sick dependents, the figure is going to be absolutely minute as a percentage of tax revenues. Struggle to see why anyone would be so arsed as to argue against it.

Worth pointing out that somebody earning £100K pa would pay £29,700 under Corbyn's tax proposal compared with £28,700 now. A whopping £83 per month increase.

14 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Cannae believe Dugdales "Federalism" hasnt made it on to her leaders manifesto

Labour manifesto
Responding to the manifesto launch, SNP deputy leader Angus Robertson said Labour was "pledging today what the SNP are already delivering for the people of Scotland".

He added: "Scrapping hospital parking charges, free tuition, publicly-owned water, ending the Bedroom Tax, increasing renewable energy and expanding free childcare will all seem familiar to voters in Scotland - because they are already happening under an SNP government.

"And on Scotland, Labour can only mimic the Tories' anti-independence obsession. In Scotland we don't need a poor copy of the SNP, we need strong SNP voices standing up to the Tories at Westminster."

It also says a Labour government would establish a People's Constitutional Convention that will consider the option of a more federal UK.
Among the other measures contained in the manifesto are:

• Supporting the renewal of the Trident nuclear weapons system

....And not a word on reforming the house of lords.

2 hours ago, Fide said:

The Labour manifesto stance on indyref2, or how to win friends and influence people

Given the Scottish Parliament has legislated to seek a second referendum, can anyone explain why Dugdale, Davidson and Rennie are opposing it? It genuinely seems that they have no place in a parliament whose rights, processes and decisions they absolutely deny.

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Given the Scottish Parliament has legislated to seek a second referendum, can anyone explain why Dugdale, Davidson and Rennie are opposing it? It genuinely seems that they have no place in a parliament whose rights, processes and decisions they absolutely deny.

There is no collective responsibility in the Scottish Parliament.  Why would someone who is vehemently opposed to something not continue to hold their position?  Are you expecting MSPs from Unionist parties to roll-over and allow the referendum?  Do you expect the SNP to act similarly in regards to Westminster decisions and if not, why not?

4 hours ago, Fide said:

I do hope I'm not so bitter when I reach old age that I spend all my time trolling a politics sub forum.

You have to wake up at 4am every morning and have a positive outlook. Jeezo.

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

How can I come up with a number? I don't have access to Treasury figures you massive cretin.

By your argument it's impossible to suggest any progressive change unless you have access to a small army of Civil Servants.

Go on then, seeing as you know the figures... tell me exactly how much it would cost and why it's unaffordable.

http://www.parliament.scot/ResearchBriefingsAndFactsheets/S5/SB_16-52_Scotland_Act_2016_Carers_Allowance.pdf

In 2014-2015 there were 759,000 adult carers in Scotland, of those 66,140 were in receipt of carers allowance. Expenditure for providing carers allowance in 2014-2015 in Scotland was £203m. There were about 44,600 who were eligible but did not receive the allowance as they already received another benefit (mostly pensioners). 

Kind of over simplified but if the same allowance was paid to all 759,000 carers (including the pensioners) it would provide £2.1bn in additional benefits in Scotland.

Found this rather funny when I seen it on Facebook..........

" Jezza man, wake the f**k up. You've got three weeks to sort your fucking shit out. I know, I know, kinder fairer politics blah blah blah. That shit won't wash pal. You can't fight the fucking Nazis by throwing rose petals and expressing your disdain through the medium of interpretive dance.

The world is on the brink of nuclear war so shut the f**k up about abolishing Trident for now. We love an underdog in the UK but not a fucking liability son. So get yourself a fucking spin doctor and a suit, play the establishment game and for f**k sake memorise your notes because at the moment you sound like a confused missing grandfather at a bus station.

You won't win, you can't fucking win and even if you were competent, that c**t Murdoch will devour you like John Prescott with cake at a christening. Still, taking all that into consideration, a fucking brick would be better than these shower of c***s.

So, get to it, I want to see a Rocky style montage of you holding babies, people laughing at your anecdotes, you stood in a new hospital with your sleeves rolled up and your tie tucked into your shirt, and on building sites with a high visibility jacket and a hard hat. Yes, the only way you can win over the great British brainless b*****ds is to become a fucking mock Tory. "

Archived