June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another forum, a Tory voter has posted a list of Scottish "marginals" that the Tories can target.

Dundee East Stewart Hosie SNP
Na h-Eileanan an Iar Angus MacNeil SNP
Banff and Buchan Eilidh Whiteford SNP
Perth and North Perthshire Pete Wishart SNP

[JackieChanWTF.jpg]

25 minutes ago, Crossbill said:

Wee prediction - Ruth Davidson to try and escape to a safe English Tory seat before her reputation in Scotland is totally destroyed.

Davidson is an MSP not an MP so won't be standing anywhere.

They as a party are only defending one seat in Scotland.

Retain it and they doing no worse,

sneak another one somewhere and it the comeback,

lose it and it only one seat and don't think they as a party will be overly concerned about not having a seat in Scotland.

Think they will still have one after 08/06/17, not necessarily the one they currentyl have but one in Scotland.

12 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Davidson is an MSP not an MP so won't be standing anywhere.

My prediction was that she will stand as a MP candidate, with the likely outcome being her resigning from Holyrood if she was successful.    

She is undoubtedly ambitious and I think it unlikely that she will see being the leader of the Scottish Tories as the pinnacle of her career, but realistically she has nowhere else to go if she stays in Scotland (I'm sure not even the most optimistic Conservatives really believe they can form a government here in the foreseeable future). This GE is almost certainly her best opportunity of getting a foot in the door down south. 

3 minutes ago, Crossbill said:

My prediction was that she will stand as a MP candidate, with the likely outcome being her resigning from Holyrood if she was successful.    

She is undoubtedly ambitious and I think it unlikely that she will see being the leader of the Scottish Tories as the pinnacle of her career, but realistically she has nowhere else to go if she stays in Scotland (I'm sure not even the most optimistic Conservatives really believe they can form a government here in the foreseeable future). This GE is almost certainly her best opportunity of getting a foot in the door down south. 

OK

If she had time to plan and find a seat slight possiblity.

On a snap election would be extremely surprised to see her standing in any seat anywhere.

Too early for a move south. She will be expected to rally to troops to fight indy and after that whichever way it goes she will get some home counties safe seat as a reward for her loyalty and total lack of morality.

We're going to see this fucking thing again aren't we? :lol:

History Woman and her ilk are going to be tremendous value over the next few weeks

On another forum, a Tory voter has posted a list of Scottish "marginals" that the Tories can target.

Dundee East Stewart Hosie SNP
Na h-Eileanan an Iar Angus MacNeil SNP
Banff and Buchan Eilidh Whiteford SNP
Perth and North Perthshire Pete Wishart SNP

[JackieChanWTF.jpg]

Dundee east marginal??

Dundee is as SNP daft as you can get.

Don't know figures but seriously doubt it.

She might stand in one of those borders steats the SNP won narrowly. I think she'd have a good chance of being elected there. She might hope Mundell looses and bingo she's in the cabinet as Scottish secretary.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

Another thought.

Ian Murray getting binned might result in me having a laughter-induced full frontal aneurysm.

He could stand as an independent?

Davidson might well stand as an MP in this one.

Sturgeon already has a mandate for Indyref 2, as such I can see them fighting a fairly cautious campaign, no point winding everyone up just now.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If Corbyn isn't shitting himself he must be the most delusional individual in the history of British poilitcs after David Steel.

He looks like a Jake that's been shoved in front of a camera.

5 minutes ago, Mudder said:

He looks like a Jake that's been shoved in front of a camera.

It would be hilarious if he got re-elected leader after Labour gets trounced at the election.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It would be hilarious if he got re-elected leader after Labour gets trounced at the election.

Don't know if its possible, but if there was a pro EU labour challenger to him ...

Archived