June 8th General Election

Mudder

1 minute ago, Lex said:

He's the figurehead of that Brexit branch of the party, he was the defaqto leader of the leave campaign after all.

If she does go ahead with this lunacy coalition and agrees to soften up on Brexit these Tory MP's will team up with Labour and The SNP and call a vote of no confidence in the government, and they'll win it.

Then we have another general election.

... and you believe that's because he actually believed in brexit? he's no ideologue, he just saw some useful positioning - probably expecting remain to win narrowly - that would leave him poised to replace Cameron.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The Tories pre-election: Strong and stable government

Tories now chasing that sweet DUP MP bloc: Jurassic Park is an affront to God

I remember the DUP disputing the age of the Giant's Causeway.  It is not 50 to 60 million years old - it is a few thousand at most.

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

He's the figurehead of that Brexit branch of the party, he was the defaqto leader of the leave campaign after all.

And looked like he'd walked in on his dog shagging his missus when the result came out. He had not one clue what to do, and his only intention was to get Cameron's job.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Johnson isn't a hard Brexit Tory, I doubt he even knows what he is.

Such a tight majority leaves the government open to rebellions by Remainers as well - more Tory MPs backed remain than Leave.  i think this will lead to a soft(er) Brexit.  Maybe they could even stay in the Single Market and get the SNP on board?>

He's a fùcking opportunist, who couldn't recognise a principle if his life depended on it.

She surely can't try to form a government with the DUP ffs.

Vote of no confidence inevitable within a month imo.  The Bojo block of hard Brexit back bench Tories will smell blood and turn against her very quickly.

Has someone hijacked your account? That's the most sensible thing you've said ever.

1 minute ago, renton said:

... and you believe that's because he actually believed in brexit? he's no ideologue, he just saw some useful positioning - probably expecting remain to win narrowly - that would leave him poised to replace Cameron.

Well the new leader of the Tory party will be decided by the party membership.  There's little doubt that Johnson will be a candidate and that he is seen by many in the pro-Brexit wing of the party as their leader.

Whether he wins or not is another matter, Rudd is more likely.  What can't happen is May staying, and I wish she would just resign now and save us this charade of a parliament with those DUP lunatics.

I can just imagine this morning having been very much the same as the first 1:10 of the clip below for old Tess. No wonder she's running to Buckingham Palace at the earliest opportunity, probably just looking for quick advice on how to stay in power despite having done f*** all.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Well the new leader of the Tory party will be decided by the party membership.  There's little doubt that Johnson will be a candidate and that he is seen by many in the pro-Brexit wing of the party as their leader.

Whether he wins or not is another matter, Rudd is more likely.  What can't happen is May staying, and I wish she would just resign now and save us this charade of a parliament with those DUP lunatics.

She was off like a shot to the palace as well. Obviously didn't want to leave a space in people's head to start thinking about alternatives.

Imagine being propped up by a party who hate the gays, hate the dinosaurs, hate women, love god and want the exact opposite from breakfast as you do.

What a mess Theresa.

No to muesli!

It's more complex than snp votes going to tory....plenty labour hardcore unionists switched to tory as defenders of the fleg and a lot of soft yes voters switched to labour due to Corbyn. Davidson is up to now a one trick pony....now that indyref is on the back burner both her n dugdale have to come up with actual policies other than no ref.....that will be an interesting challenge for them.

Theresa May propped up by fanatical neo-fascist religious bigots. Great.

Fortunately it won't last long. I think this is our 1974, and there'll be another election in the autumn. Theresa's calls for "stability", given the utter mess she has created, are just laughable.

It's more complex than snp votes going to tory....plenty labour hardcore unionists switched to tory as defenders of the fleg and a lot of soft yes voters switched to labour due to Corbyn. Davidson is up to now a one trick pony....now that indyref is on the back burner both her n dugdale have to come up with actual policies other than no ref.....that will be an interesting challenge for them.

It wouldn't surprise me if Davidson campaigned on the basis that holyrood is not fit for purpose and to return power to Westminster.

A few unionists would explode with joy at that policy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Davidson campaigned on the basis that holyrood is not fit for purpose and to return power to Westminster.

A few unionists would explode with joy at that policy.

Evel would have to be repealed and not sure tories like idea of that. I wouldn't be surprised that they look to curb Holywood powers though. She won't get away with the pretending to not be a tory shtick anymore. We will see if there is any real substance to her or if it's all anti snp guff.

let me get this right? The SNP poor politicking lost them enough seats to the Tories to allow another fucking Tory government? Cheers Krankie. 

let me get this right? The SNP poor politicking lost them enough seats to the Tories to allow another fucking Tory government? Cheers Krankie. 

No dugdale lying down for the tories did that. Shame her and the rest of slab couldn't be trusted to support the labour leader.

Archived