June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is corbyn for real. Going for the hope over fear slogan. Do they just steal everything from SNP.

It's hardly a particularly original slogan, it's the sort of phrase that Progressive politicians have been using for years. Obama used it as his first inauguration, for instance.

I doubt Corbyn nicked it from the SNP.

Hate the day of the election itself. All you get is some people saying turnout is 'incredible' and the rest saying it's looking 'poor'. I guess that's the issue when there is nothing else reporters are actually allowed to talk about.

Absolutely agreed Sooky. As an avid watcher of politics, election day itself is a horrible day where the news is essentially ignoring the biggest news story of the day. It's a long and tedious day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Absolutely agreed Sooky. As an avid watcher of politics, election day itself is a horrible day where the news is essentially ignoring the biggest news story of the day. It's a long and tedious day.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Worth it for the results. Buzzing to get some food in, sit down and watch the drama unfold. Always a good laugh on here too.

I've used up a flexi day to watch them...

Yes, I am extremely sad.

The only enjoyable thing about watching the Tory seats pour in tomorrow night will be the inevitable meltdown on 'Dr' Eoin Clarke's Twitter page. warnock.png

If the Tories STILL somehow manage to win tomorrow, even after the absolute horror show Theresa has put up, then surely, surely, people will start to see the real case for independence.

Or is that wishful thinking?

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If the Tories STILL somehow manage to win tomorrow, even after the absolute horror show Theresa has put up, then surely, surely, people will start to see the real case for independence.

Saw a poll today saying a May majority would boost Independence.

Have to be honest, I'm sick to death of these kind of polls though. It seems like most Yes leaning folk are in agreement that the more shite Britain gets, the better it is for Indy. It's bollocks, imo - no matter how shan British politics get, there's always something around the corner that is apparently going to be the breaking point. Tory majority in 2015 and EU referendum; Scotland remain/UK Leave result; another Tory majority. Once that's happened there will be some other Mr Burns Mystery Box for in-denial staunch Unionists and shitebags to wait and see about before maybe committing to this Independence business.

Independence with either happen after a) waiting it out for the post-war generation to go or b) an immediate improvement in economic confidence to get the 'like the idea but just not sure about it' types on board. The worse things get - and make no mistake a hard-Brexiting, right-wing as f**k Tory majority will be horrendous for Scotland - the even more defeatist Scottish people will get.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The case for independence was made and lost.

6 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Saw a poll today saying a May majority would boost Independence.

Have to be honest, I'm sick to death of these kind of polls though. It seems like most Yes leaning folk are in agreement that the more shite Britain gets, the better it is for Indy. It's bollocks, imo - no matter how shan British politics get, there's always something around the corner that is apparently going to be the breaking point. Tory majority in 2015 and EU referendum; Scotland remain/UK Leave result; another Tory majority. Once that's happened there will be some other Mr Burns Mystery Box for in-denial staunch Unionists and shitebags to wait and see about before maybe committing to this Independence business.

Independence with either happen after a) waiting it out for the post-war generation to go or b) an immediate improvement in economic confidence to get the 'like the idea but just not sure about it' types on board. The worse things get - and make no mistake a hard-Brexiting, right-wing as f**k Tory majority will be horrendous for Scotland - the even more defeatist Scottish people will get.

"Think things are bad now, just imagine what they'd be like on our own"

muggy.png

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

They will

Not they won't. 

Yes.

Labour will be wiped clean.

Archived