June 8th General Election

Mudder

You have to worry about people who still regularly buy or read the likes of the Mail, Express and Sun. In the age of the internet and smart phones. That's a demographic who will surely be on the wane. Why would you willingly pay money to be manipulated by these nasty, deceitful papers, which are nothing more than propaganda.

I can still see the merits of Sunday papers (not that I've bought one in years) as you might want to catch up with the week's news, but even then, would you choose the Sunday equivalent of these three?

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

There is no way I will facilitate that bunch of losers  and  half-wits,who give succour to terrorists and enemies of the UK  , into getting in to power . Not a chance.

You'll not be voting Tory either then aye ?

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You have to worry about people who still regularly buy or read the likes of the Mail, Express and Sun. In the age of the internet and smart phones. That's a demographic who will surely be on the wane. Why would you willingly pay money to be manipulated by these nasty, deceitful papers, which are nothing more than propaganda.

I can still see the merits of Sunday papers (not that I've bought one in years) as you might want to catch up with the week's news, but even then, would you choose the Sunday equivalent of these three?

TBH these people are an absolute irrelevance to the Election result. The sorts of losers that buy the Mail and the Express are never, in a million years, going to vote anything other than Tory (maybe UKIP). I'll be stunned if Corbyn loses voters purely on the basis of the fascist drivel printed in those shitrags. 

18 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Yeah pretty much my take on it. I don't think Corbyn is actually a terrorist sympathiser, but he has opened himself up to this sort of press from the right-wing media. I think Corbyn is from that school of thought on the left that the UK (and US etc) are imperialist powers who have been on the wrong side of international politics for a long time. This has led him to associate with others who share that view, many are fine, but some of the 'anti-western imperialist' groups are less fine and that has opened him up to attack.

Absolutely. The IRA stuff has been done to death already and a united Ireland is just one example of that. He's entitled to believe as he does on that, though should perhaps have picked better associates than Sinn Fein on the matter. The SDLP, for example...

I'm assuming the Chaudry link (if that is indeed Chaudry in the background of Corbyn on that Sun picture) has something to do with the Iraq war. I think he's right to speak in oppositon to it, but doing so in Chaudry's company is not a good look. 

I doubt he ever thought he'd be a candidate for PM so probably never gave these a second thought. 

Yeah pretty much my take on it. I don't think Corbyn is actually a terrorist sympathiser, but he has opened himself up to this sort of press from the right-wing media. I think Corbyn is from that school of thought on the left that the UK (and US etc) are imperialist powers who have been on the wrong side of international politics for a long time.This has led him to associate with others who share that view, many are fine, but some of the 'anti-western imperialist' groups are less fine and that has opened him up to attack.

That's not a school of thought, that's pretty much a fact

Yeah pretty much my take on it. I don't think Corbyn is actually a terrorist sympathiser, but he has opened himself up to this sort of press from the right-wing media. I think Corbyn is from that school of thought on the left that the UK (and US etc) are imperialist powers who have been on the wrong side of international politics for a long time.This has led him to associate with others who share that view, many are fine, but some of the 'anti-western imperialist' groups are less fine and that has opened him up to attack.

That's not a school of thought, that's pretty much a fact

27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

See the Express is 10p now. Good. Wonder how long before they can't give them away.

Wrong it actually says 10p cheaper than the Daily Mail. It's not just their headlines that are disingenuous.

I just walked up Hope Street in Glasgow there, and there's a fairly large Scottish Labour squad halfway up the bottom half of Hope Street.  Several of the red jacket wearing fools were trying to pass out placards to passers by, most of which were being refused.  I hope they clocked my glances of disdain, the c***s.

It looked as if possibly Dugdale or someone else was about to show up, but I couldn't be arsed hanging about to find out.

10 minutes ago, Fide said:

I just walked up Hope Street in Glasgow there, and there's a fairly large Scottish Labour squad halfway up the bottom half of Hope Street.  Several of the red jacket wearing fools were trying to pass out placards to passers by, most of which were being refused.  I hope they clocked my glances of disdain, the c***s.

It looked as if possibly Dugdale or someone else was about to show up, but I couldn't be arsed hanging about to find out.

3 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Corbyn was in Glasgow this morning

1 minute ago, Fide said:

That'll be who it was then!

Just shows how dumb dugdale is.The labour bounce in Scotland is all about corbyn,wheres dugdale......in edinburgh with alistair darling :lol:

Wrong it actually says 10p cheaper than the Daily Mail. It's not just their headlines that are disingenuous.

[emoji23]

Not that I was racing out to buy one, but surely even the sort who do would be a bit pissed off at that. Devious and underhand.

Just shows how dumb dugdale is.The labour bounce in Scotland is all about corbyn,wheres dugdale......in edinburgh with alistair darling :lol:

Well that is No-ville these days, now that Glasgow is Yes.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Well that is No-ville these days, now that Glasgow is Yes.

Basically what we are hearing from a few on the doorstep is "im voting for corbyn" not labour but "corbyn"The dug should be in glasgow next to her leader but she hasnae got the brains to work that out

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Diane Abbott has now been replaced on the shadow cabinet. It seems like she's genuinely ill in some way.

Russians interfering in the election IMO.

Archived