June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not at all impressed by the snp party broadcast that was just on BBC1.

Just a few minutes of loads of kids playing - then a line about Theresa may being a wicked woman.

Really fucking vacuous stuff. I expected much better.

They've been aimless this election. The only time I've been impressed was Robertson on the debate. I tweeted Scottish Labour today to say if they could go even 2 days without mentioning the referendum I would give them a vote. They managed ten minutes. Our options up here are hopeless.

They've been aimless this election. The only time I've been impressed was Robertson on the debate. I tweeted Scottish Labour today to say if they could go even 2 days without mentioning the referendum I would give them a vote. They managed ten minutes. Our options up here are hopeless.

In fairness, it was always going to be a very difficult election for SNP.
They need to get this out of the way and then act fast.... otherwise they may continue to haemorrhage support.

Still voting SNP by the way

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

You'll notice that the police organisations categorically aren't asking for that, they just say they need resources not more powers.

Not having a go at the police here (I know that is unusual!!) but do they need more resources?  We have had various reports of the authorities being informed about those guilty of these attacks and it appears that the police in particular have determined that they are not worth monitoring.  I know that resources are finite and decisions about resource allocation have to be made but we are told that the authorities have foiled 18 plots in 4 years and missed numerous attacks in this time.  Is this a resource issue or more to do with mistakes in prioritisation?  I am sure that even if we decuple their budget they will still not manage to prevent 100% of these attacks, there has to be a balance somewhere between expenditure and impact.

Really thnk people thinking Corbyn has a chance are deluding themselves.
He's a great camapigner and seemingly a pretty decent guy. There's a not a huge amount to quibble over in a broadly excellent left wing manifesto. But despite the absolute shambles that the Tory camapign has been they will still stroll home.

The Labour vote seems to be hardening in core areas but they are making little to no impression in key marginals and being buried down south as the UKIP vote deserts the racist uncle, just as the same demogrpahic left the NF behind to vote for Thatcher in 1979.

Labour Uncut forecasts a "nuclear winter" for Labour outsdie of London

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Just a few minutes of loads of kids playing - then a line about Theresa may being a wicked woman.

Yes, it was really weak.

I'd have hoped for better too.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'd agree with this. Derek Mackay has been campaign manager this time, and it's been the poorest one for a while.

In their defence, they've been put on the back foot by the other parties and the media trying to make the election up here about the SNP at Holyrood and devolved issues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40181444

"Theresa May has said she will change human rights laws if they "get in the way" of tackling suspected terrorists."

Addressing activists in Slough on Tuesday evening, she did not make any specific new policy proposals but said: "I mean longer prison sentences for those convicted of terrorist offences.

"I mean making it easier for the authorities to deport foreign terrorist suspects back to their own countries.

"And I mean doing more to restrict the freedom and movements of terrorist suspects when we have enough evidence to know they are a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them in full in court.

"And if our human rights laws get in the way of doing it, we will change the law so we can do it."

voldmay.jpg

Surely nobody's surprised about the Tories wanting to reduce the rights of UK citizens. They've been bitching about European human rights legislation for years, and they consider it one of the major plus points about leaving the EU. You'd need to have been living in a cave not to see that coming.

Interesting times, folks.

12 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Yes and not just because of terrorism offences.

I am not going to disagree with this but if we gave the police 10x the resources can we get a guarantee that there will be no more extremists carrying out terrorist activities?  If not then where does the line get drawn?

Sounds like the same, or at least a similar advert, to the one I saw a couple of weeks back. I remember saying to the wife that whichever party this is (as it wasn't obvious) are a shower of c***s. Turnsnout it was the SNP. Just showing loads of kids playing is not subtle.

My anger towards Kezia Dugdale is growing every day.

Cannot stand her. Hope Scottish Labour get fucking shagged up here on Thursday.

She is terrible. I can't vote for Labour. Mainly due to their stance on independence but also because if she's the best they can do for a leader, it tells you all you need to know about the Scottish Labour Party.

Archived