June 8th General Election

Mudder

I feel like seeing where party leaders campaign in the last couple days of the campaign can give you a glimpse of what their internals are showing.

For example everyone thought Cameron was insane for campaigning in Twickenham a few days out of the 2015 election but look what happened there.

From the seats he's been in today, Corbyn seems to be somewhat on the defensive.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Tories are losing this one now. It speaks volumes when Tommy Robinson of the EDL is asking questions of May and the Tories. 3 terrorist attacks in the space of a month and policing set for further cuts under the Conservatives. Corbyns saying he's going to put 10,000 coppers on the streets immediately if he gets in. People want to hear these things, they want their families to be safe. Even the "send them back to their own country" brigade now know of the Tories failings to reduce immigration levels after they said they would. Even they can't look to the Tories now.

I honestly think that Labour are in the driving seat now in England.

Wish this were true.

I don't trust people though. Thick as f**k generally

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

No it isnt.

A result where the SNP get significantly less than the combined pro-unionist vote would not be a clear vote for a 2nd referendum regardless of the number of seats they secure. They could win every seat by a single figure majority - the reality would be that their share of the vote would be massively less than that of the pro-union vote.

Winning constituency seats where the unionist vote is split across 3 main parties compared against the single independence party is not a clear mandate for another independence referendum. If the share of the vote against unionist parties was to fall, or even stagnate, it would be a clear indication that the majority of the electorate don't want to back the SNP's vision of independence.

That's maybe how it works in dafty Britnat land but not in UK democracy.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh I think it is pretty clear that your attitude is pretty poisonous and negative.  Your world must be full of spite, jealousy and bitterness.

You are welcome to it. I prefer a more positive outlook.

Stop projecting.

I'm a glass half full, happy go lucky type of guy. I also have this thing called empathy.

You should try and experience it sometime.

Ah, so this is where Oaksoft's weekly ego massage has been taking place!

No mention of the nice wife and beautiful house yet, I see, but there's still time. The extensive private healthcare portfolio is a nice touch, but I'm most looking forward to hearing about the yacht moored somewhere off the coast of the Mediterranean.

Ah, so this is where Oaksoft's weekly ego massage has been taking place!
No mention of the nice wife and beautiful house yet, I see, but there's still time. The extensive private healthcare portfolio is a nice touch, but I'm most looking forward to hearing about the yacht moored somewhere off the coast of the Mediterranean.

How many Flat screen 4K HD TVs does he have?

Or is it curved TVs these days?

That used to be the barometer of success.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

How many Flat screen 4K HD TVs does he have?

Or is it curved TVs these days?

That used to be the barometer of success.

According to Ed Byrne, at least, a big screen TV is a sure sign that you're part of the lower orders. And that simply will not do.

According to Ed Byrne, at least, a big screen TV is a sure sign that you're part of the lower orders. And that simply will not do.

Is he that washed up Irish comedian?

Scottish Labours broadcast today was a f*cking joke.

11 mentions of Nicola Sturgeon (who obviously is not running in this election)

9 of "Referendum"

5 of "SNP" 

"Labour" mentioned just twice (in the last 30 seconds)

No mention of Kezia Dugdale

No mention of Jeremy Corbyn

No criticism of the Tories

Not a single Labour policy mentioned

I want Labour to beat the Tories on a UK scale but Scottish Labour is an absolute embarrassment. The week of the election and they spend prime broadcasting time criticising the SNP Holyrood government (which isn't being voted on) and Nicola Sturgeon (who isn't running for this parliament. Not a single criticism of the party they are trying to un-seat in government, any of their actual policies (which have proved popular) or their UK leader (who is gaining popularity by the day). You didn't even mention what party it was for until the end!

It almost as if they think the unionist electorate are stupid enough to vote based of whoever says "Referendum = bad". That's the only group they're targeting, they've alienated 1.6million potential voters with that broadcast.

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Scottish Labours broadcast today was a f*cking joke.

11 mentions of Nicola Sturgeon (who obviously is not running in this election)

9 of "Referendum"

5 of "SNP" 

"Labour" mentioned just twice (in the last 30 seconds)

No mention of Kezia Dugdale

No mention of Jeremy Corbyn

No criticism of the Tories

Not a single Labour policy mentioned

I want Labour to beat the Tories on a UK scale but Scottish Labour is an absolute embarrassment. The week of the election and they spend prime broadcasting time criticising the SNP Holyrood government (which isn't being voted on) and Nicola Sturgeon (who isn't running for this parliament. Not a single criticism of the party they are trying to un-seat in government, any of their actual policies (which have proved popular) or their UK leader (who is gaining popularity by the day). You didn't even mention what party it was for until the end!

It almost as if they think the unionist electorate are stupid enough to vote based of whoever says "Referendum = bad". That's the only group they're targeting, they've alienated 1.6million potential voters with that broadcast.

10/15 years ago, you would have been called a complete mentalist if you had suggested a potential Labour government would be scuppered by them winning f**k all seats in Scotland.

It really is some effort from Gray, Lamont, Murphy and Dugdale to bring them down to this level.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I get to pick and choose my clients, my hours, my working location and how much I charge clients.

I get to choose what time I sit down to work, what time I choose to hang out with my family.

I get to take holidays without asking permission and I get to take advantage of all manner of tax and national insurance avoidance techniques.

Said no self employed person, ever.

I'm amazed that you're still getting bites. Chapeau.

Been asked a few times what I think Labour doing well up here means as I've said it a few times. Them doing well is getting alot more votes than they got the last time. Only thing is though, it won't translate into seats and instead will only help the Tories more as they take votes away from the SNP. Depressing really.

The Corbyn love in is doing my tits in too by the way. Why do so many people seem to love the guy? It must just be because every other PM candidate over the years has been so unlikeable. Surely? Don't get it.

Archived