June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The modest Labour bump north of the Border is bringing down the Tories, which should in theory help the Only Show in Town across the board. The one concern that I have is that the Labour-Tory split could be insanely efficient i.e. the vast majority of Tory votes occur in the teuchter half of Scotland, while Labour votes occur almost exclusively in the Central Belt. It still wouldn't be enough to decide the outcome in more than a couple of SNP-Labour battles, but would give the Tories a chance at getting half a dozen MPs. 

That Vote for Policies thing from the previous page now has a Scotland option, although I'm in the middle of doing it now and it seems sort of... broad. I liked this one that a St. Johnstone poster shared the other day, I forget who.

I was

Green Party 50%

Labour 28.6%

Liberal Democrats 21.4%

4 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Don't know where else to place this.... not my work.
I don't know who wrote this but it's so true!!

Teresa May, Strong and Stable
Stole the food from the children's table
Took away their daily bread
Then stole grans house when she was dead
To pay for care when she was ill
When fighting a war should have paid the bill
Set out to kill the remaining old
By taking cash when it gets cold
Then cut the pensions of those left
A nasty , evil hateful theft
And she wants us to tick the box's
So she can bring back killing fox's
No police, no fire or ambulance crews
If your robbed, or trapped or hurt, your screwed
With tax breaks for her corporate chums
And "rape tests" for multiple mums
Is this a place you want to live?
Where you get less back than what you give
So I'll tell you this, I'll tell you straight
The choice is yours on June the 8th

DO THE RIGHT THING

It's a bit silly in reality

Much as it contains plenty of truth, the pitiful apostrophe use and spelling errors, serve to undermine it as much as the nonsense about pensioners winning a war.

Liberal Democrats - 64.3%: Environment, Europe/Brexit, Health/NHS, Immigration, Education, Equalities/Rights, Housing, Jobs/Work, Tax/Benefits. 
Labour - 14.3%: Crime, Foreign Policy/Defence. 
Conservatives - 7.1%:  Retirement. 
Scottish Green Party - 7.1%: Democracy. 
Scottish National Party - 7.1%: Economy. 

Still voting SNP, but a bit surprised by my results. There wasn't much at all between two or three of the parties in some of the categories, mind. If I were voting in England and their leader wasn't Tim Farron, I would probably be edging towards the Lib Dems at the moment (which I wouldn't have initially expected).

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

if you put a smiley face in the box of the party you want to vote for instead of a cross, will the vote be counted? asking for a friend.

I think so, yes. I was hearing during the week that if you draw a penis in one of the boxes rather than a cross, the candidates and officials will usually agree between them to count it as a vote for that party. With that in mind, a smiley face should be safe enough. 

Archived