June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SNP: Vote SNP for a strong voice for Scotland

The SNP have had almost a full house in Westminster for the last two years and what good have they done...? Fück all

Really.. Consistently the party turning up for late debates, consistently the strongest and loudest opposition through Angus. From an opposition point of view they have done a hell of a lot more than abstain on everything weak labour

Just now, RadgerTheBadger said:

The SNP have had almost a full house in Westminster for the last two years and what good have they done...? Fück all

Erm,....that Scotland endures a democratic deficit and that whatever we think, or do, matters not a helluva lot to Westminster....,

Is. The. Fucking. Point. Of. Everything.

3 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Stand up and oppose the Tories unlike Labour who have either abstained or voted with them.

Erm,....that Scotland endures a democratic deficit and that whatever we think, or do, matters not a helluva lot to Westminster....,
Is. The. Fucking. Point. Of. Everything.

Isn't that the SNP's fault though?

Can't be bothered to quote DrewDon so hopefully he reads this but surely Corbyn's euroscepticism isn't that big a deal? You would trust him more to negotiate with less hostility towards the EU and will put workers rights and EU nationals rights at the forefront of his agenda unlike Theresa May.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

My postal vote was in a week or so ago. Kirkcaldy seat.

I'm still waiting on my postal vote. Did you sign up early for yours? Getting a bit concerned now to be honest! 

53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Can't be bothered to quote DrewDon so hopefully he reads this but surely Corbyn's euroscepticism isn't that big a deal? You would trust him more to negotiate with less hostility towards the EU and will put workers rights and EU nationals rights at the forefront of his agenda unlike Theresa May.

It isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. It is just one of a few quibbles of mine. Nevertheless, Corbyn's priorities are closer to my own than May's and I would expect him to negotiate more constructively.

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm still waiting on my postal vote. Did you sign up early for yours? Getting a bit concerned now to be honest! 

As of yesterday, my mum was telling me that she hadn't received her postal ballot yet. She is in Aberdeen South. I thought it might have arrived by now, but I've never had a postal vote before so I'm not sure what the timing is like for this sort of thing. Not very helpful, but just to reassure you that you aren't the only one still waiting (unless she received it today, of course).

I'm in Glasgow Central. My girlfriend's sister is also waiting on her postal vote to arrive in the post in Glasgow too. I read somewhere that if applied after the 26th of April (which I did) then it wouldn't arrive until a bit later. I saw mention of the 30th or 31st of May, which is why I haven't phoned the council yet. I will if I haven't got it through by Friday though.

Archived