June 8th General Election

Mudder

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Theresa May is an incompetent arse hole who is going to be eaten alive by Barnier and the Eu negotiation team.

Pleasing.

TBH I'm not a fan of this.

I'd actually like to still have some assets when Indy comes.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TBH I'm not a fan of this.
I'd actually like to still have some assets when Indy comes.

I'm caught in 2 minds, one part of me wants the arseholes who thought this was a good idea, to suffer immeasurably for their folly, at the same time, there's a lot of "good guys" who want no part of it, who will also suffer.

I'm caught in 2 minds, one part of me wants the arseholes who thought this was a good idea, to suffer immeasurably for their folly, at the same time, there's a lot of "good guys" who want no part of it, who will also suffer.

Probably the most inclusive Tory government in history. Everybody suffers

May could slaughter a puppy on live TV and still win this election with relative ease, IMO. I desperately hope I'm proved wrong, but I still can't see anything other than a big Tory majority - regardless of the polls suggesting a narrowing margin. After recent elections and referendums, I think I'm just braced for the worst possible outcome.

6 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Election 2017: Scottish Labour to set out pro-UK manifesto
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39991248

…Scottish Labour's manifesto will also include a series of pledges aimed at delivering
"transformative change" in Scotland.
These include commitments to bring forward Member's Bills on banning MSPs from
holding paid second jobs, extending breakfast clubs into every primary school,
banning onshore fracking, improving access to sanitary products to tackle "period poverty"
and scrapping the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

Scottish Labour won one Scottish seat in the 2015 General Election.
Labour's UK manifesto also confirmed it opposed an independence referendum.

And neither mention reforming the HoL, that holiday home for ousted Labour & Tory MPs.

Edit: Am I reading that manifesto correctly?
In a UK wide election, Scottish Labour (in Westminster) will bring forward a Bill banning MSPs (in Holyrood) from holding a second (paying) job.
Nothing about MPs doing the same.

All the other "pledges" are devolved matters and are surely irrelevant to a GE manifesto? or is this a leak of the next Holyrood one just in case they don't exist by 2021? Mind you taking away Douglas Ross from running the line might get my vote?

All of them this week should be good. I think Andrew Neil is probably the best presenter at grilling all his guests, regardless of political orientation.

Just watched the Scottish UKIP PPB

Jesus Christ......
Coburn stumbled over his words. Made mistakes and sounded like a ranting Looney with no script....

And this wasn't live. It was a recorded PPB
Even more of a car crash than May today and must be watched to be believed

I'm glad that Neill stuck at his 'dire consequences' question, but I think he should have been more forceful until he got an answer.

Political interviewers should be more proactive when the interviewee is refusing to answer. They just give up and move onto the next question too often. 

May started quite poorly there, but she settled down and strengthened once Neil moved away from the social care debacle. Some evasion, but she hit most of her core themes and I didn't notice any big, unforced errors. She won't have lost votes from that IMO. 

Not sure I feel better that she might lose after that or worse that she might still get elected and break humanity with her soulless, robotic banality.

Easily one of the worst things i've ever seen. Neil asked the right questions and pushed quite a bit but, a puppy could have kicked her to death with that performance.

She said nothing, nothing at all. 

Archived