West Region Secretary

garrellburn

16 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Frannie McNeill of Lok stood against Robertson a number of years ago in an attempt to shake things up.He came very close to succeeding however a block vote of clubs who I believe were all Lanarkshire based stopped him.

I believe that the block of clubs you are referring to are not to happy with his stewardship of the West Region and many are prepared to vote against him.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, archieb said:

1. Garrelburn is the OP. Do you mean Kennie?

Aye sorry.

9 minutes ago, archieb said:

2. Which pyramid system? What the SFA deludedly imagines to be one? Or the sort of proper pyramid system that operates in nearly every other country that's a member of FIFA?

Either/both... It could include Superduperleague and teams like Auchinleck getting licensed as well. Covered a lot of topics in the letter, but noticed this whole aspect wasn't mentioned.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Aye sorry.

Either/both... It could include Superduperleague and teams like Auchinleck getting licensed as well. Covered a lot of topics in the letter, but noticed this whole aspect wasn't mentioned.

I haven't mentioned anything regarding Pyramid or Summer Football, simply because they are not West Region topics. These are questions for the Scottish Clubs to address.

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Oh, no mud slinging Kennie. Dignified silence is best.

Sorry, jimbaxters, but following the Regional Meeting held last Thursday, I was advised that due to the fact I failed to get an answer about matters distributed throughout the Region via the minutes, it was time to take the gloves off.

I was merely pointing out that he no longer has the stranglehold over the clubs that he used to have.

It's the evening of 1st May and no West Region team knows their fixtures after Saturday . Players and fans need to book time off work or swap shifts. Buses need to be booked. Programmes need produced and printed. An absolute shambles . No wonder people are drifting away from the game .

I can't add anything more to what's been said other that I agree wholeheartedly. The situation is an absolute shambles and has been for years.

At least now we have a viable alternative in Kennie and I would urge every single person on this forum who moans about fixtures to urge their club to vote him in.

I can't add anything more to what's been said other that I agree wholeheartedly. The situation is an absolute shambles and has been for years.

At least now we have a viable alternative in Kennie and I would urge every single person on this forum who moans about fixtures to urge their club to vote him in.

I hope my club is voting for him. Finally get rid of that plamf johnstone.

Mon the papers

On 19/04/2017 at 17:19, clash city rocker said:

Kennie Young loves junior fitba any monetary rewards mean nothing to him. Its a passion to the man.

Still don't agree with keeping League Cup (It is glorified friendlies) or Ayrshire/Central Cups.. (This is West of Scotland region , Ayrshire is irrelevant)

However this man will have an excellent website social media communication for fans ,will listen to what fans think and if there is any hope in finding a long term fixture list he will pursue it.

He's a good guy. Knows his stuff.

Firstly Ayrshire is not irrelevant it is an integral part of the west region as is Central. Secondly whilst fans do have a right to voice their opinions, that's it unless they choose to get on the committee or help out the club on match days, close season preparation, repairs and improvements. 

Fixtures: I think everyone pretty much knows when Scottish Cup, league cups, etc run each year. So with dates set aside for these cups full year that leaves all the other dates for setting league fixtures, it's no rocket science!. Any fixture postponed or a casuality of a cup replay is set aside and slotted in when possible. Clubs and fans alike have to accept that in extreme circumstances they may have a backlog to catch up on, but at least they would have a map of fixtures for the year. This would allow them to track their outstanding games and maybe help by identifying fixtures outstanding based on their pitch quality and weather at any specific time, maybe even suggest provisional outstanding fixtures as back up to call offs. 

Just my thoughts.

10 hours ago, andy25 said:

It's the evening of 1st May and no West Region team knows their fixtures after Saturday . Players and fans need to book time off work or swap shifts. Buses need to be booked. Programmes need produced and printed. An absolute shambles . No wonder people are drifting away from the game .

Now into Tuesday 2nd and not a sniff, with games potentially scheduled for six days from now,

If he does get voted out he won't have to look too far for the reason why.

Maybe he's just chucked it realising his time is up and just making things as difficult as possible a parting shot so to speak.

This role should be seen as a privilege to serve all clubs not to see it as a pain in the arse or for your own benefit.

If someone has had a good stint at a job and sees he's not wanted and really loves the junior game and wants to see it grow and prosper he would step aside and do the right thing.

6 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Is he possibly waiting for the outcome of Wednesday's 12 cup ties before he'll set next week's fixtures?

There's no reason why he can't schedule Winner of Tie A v Winner of Tie B.

That's been done many a time before.

Not saying I condone it, just trying to think what 'valid' (to him) reason he might possibly have for the delay, rather than just assuming he's taken his ball home.

When both halves of a next-round tie are either/or it's not a surprise he'd rather know what the outcome is, to be able to not only set the next cup fixtures but also to give the Wednesday losers league fixtures.

1 hour ago, LeedsPhil said:

Is he possibly waiting for the outcome of Wednesday's 12 cup ties before he'll set next week's fixtures?

57 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Not saying I condone it, just trying to think what 'valid' (to him) reason he might possibly have for the delay, rather than just assuming he's taken his ball home.

When both halves of a next-round tie are either/or it's not a surprise he'd rather know what the outcome is, to be able to not only set the next cup fixtures but also to give the Wednesday losers league fixtures.

Which situation is the direct result of his deliberate decision (he said so at the Regional meeting last Thursday) to delay scheduling the cup competitions!

18 hours ago, Kennie said:

I haven't mentioned anything regarding Pyramid or Summer Football, simply because they are not West Region topics. These are questions for the Scottish Clubs to address.

What is your opinion on Junior clubs working towards eventually becoming a part of the Pyramid, do you believe that full integration with all non-league clubs in the same league system is the best way forward for Junior clubs?

As the West Region Secretary, you're opinion on that issue would be a major influence.

Archived