West Region Secretary

garrellburn

Clubs should contact their local printers and pie suppliers to see if they can do a sale or return deal..... what chance have clubs got to bring in extra revenue with four days notice with the West of Scotland Cup, the second biggest cup in our region, quarter final as one of the games? Supporters clubs frantically calling bus companies, but wait will people have enough notice to get there? What about the older supporters that only find out about upcoming games when they are at games or from their local paper which in many cases publishes on a Wednesday. Absolute fanyspangle of a situation.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 days notice, wow.....

Four days notice for us to travel 45 miles there and 45 miles back on a Wednesday night for a 7pm kick off and the home team have Floodlights which aren't being used.  

We took a big crowd down for the league game now mid week and 4 days notice we won't take anywhere many as down in the second biggest cup.

Combined ourselves and Glenafton playing each other twice in our last two games of the season possible title deciders.

If anything sums up what's wrong with the running of the junior game it's these two examples.

A brilliant season on the park at all levels in the west spoiled by the administrators.

I was easy going on this man but by f**k he needs to go and go as soon as possible a fantastic grade of football is now being ruined and the galling thing is its off the park not on it where all clubs are improving in many ways.

Do the right thing you obviously have some feeling for the junior game go asap and do it not for people on here who have a go do it for this grade that has been around since the 19th century.

Clubs are not just made up of committees that is how he is running things not thinking about anyone else fans or players.

Mr Grumpy clearly knew he was going to schedule these cup fixtures well over a week ago. At the West meeting on Thursday 27th he told Whitletts their AWP game v Buffs would be on the 10th (but in fact Whitletts were knocked out in the previous round on Wednesday so it's Maybole v Buffs). Some of the participants weren't known till Wednesday or today but the fixtures could have been put out as provisional, it's been done often enough in the past, and clubs could've made contingency plans.

45 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Four days notice for us to travel 45 miles there and 45 miles back on a Wednesday night for a 7pm kick off and the home team have Floodlights which aren't being used. 

Rabs should ask for a later kick off and for the lights to be used. Pollok requested this for last Wednesday's game at Port Glasgow & the k.o. was put back to 7.30.

Better get a move on though ....

1 minute ago, archieb said:

Rabs should ask for a later kick off and for the lights to be used. Pollok requested this for last Wednesday's game at Port Glasgow & the k.o. was put back to 7.30.

Too late - the fixture seems to have disappeared. 

4 minutes ago, archieb said:

We probably will or would have if it hadn't now been removed .:huh:

Does he not understand that people are waiting eagerly on these fixtures and that f**k ups will be noticed even if its changed within half an hour.

What is god's name is going on and i'm usually easy going on administrators.

Looks like its only the west of Scotland Cup ties that have been removed, how many times has this happened this season, fixtures being posted then changed or removed. As someone said earlier in this thread is they posted an apology or there have been changes etc...... it wouldnt make it right but an explanation, surely thats just manners?

Just now, archieb said:

Missing fixtures, delayed fixtures and disappearing fixtures, whatever next??!!

if someone on here said stonehouse violet were playing ballieston was on the website central league 3rd round tie i bet the vast majority would go and check to see.

Maryhill v Girvan is a 7.30pm start Wednesday, will this be under natural light or floodlight? Where is Hillonearth...

Certainly a sensible KO start (well, relatively) for the travelling Ayrshire-oanians. Would have popped in if I wasn'y doon in Ayrshire masell that day, being a local tae Lochburn noo.

Maryhill v Girvan is a 7.30pm start Wednesday, will this be under natural light or floodlight? Where is Hillonearth...
Certainly a sensible KO start (well, relatively) for the travelling Ayrshire-oanians.

Were there any at Clydebank yesterday ? Almost total silence when Girvan scored apart from the players shouting.

8 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Certainly a sensible KO start (well, relatively) for the travelling Ayrshire-oanians. Would have popped in if I wasn'y doon in Ayrshire masell that day, being a local tae Lochburn noo.

I wasn't online at all last night, so this is the first I know about it - left Lochburn about 5-ish and as far as everyone was concerned, it was a case of "See you next Saturday....!"

It's was light till after 9 last night, so if it's a sunny evening I don't reckon we'll need them. They're always there as a backup for the second half if it's not I suppose.

We have a game scheduled for May 13th a Saturday.

Leaving 4 Saturday's left before the end of the season well 3 if we assume the west final will be on the last Saturday.

So in those three Saturday's from our points of view he has two games against Glenafton and one away at Cumnock but he can't give us Glenafton on one of the Saturday's due to the Scottish cup final, he would also away an away semi to think about if we got through. If we....
Well I won't go on as its a right mess and head scratcher trying to work out a solution to our situation can anyone think of a way looking at our fixtures left as its frying my brain.

Archived