Jump to content

Forfar vs Clyde


Recommended Posts

Guest bernardblack
Here's hoping Bollan doesn't do some unnecessary tinkering for next after such a fine display today!

Swankie in my opinion deserved Man of the Match, although I see how O'Brien got it, never put a foot wrong, Player of the season for me!
Gonna be difficult to keep hold of him!


Was thinking this also, he was seriously classy today. Horrible feeling he's out of contract in the summer? Someone please correct me....please
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

 

 


Think his contract is up at the end of the season, be a real shame if he does leave!
Would be tough to replace.

 

 

I think most of the squad are free at the end of the season.

I did hear that Cox and Lister have already signed up for next season.  Pure rumour though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Was the second goal definitely over the line? Couldn't tell from the other end of the park

Lino gave it and he had a very good view as he was basically standing on the corner flag.

From my viewpoint it looked well over the line, the keeper scooped it back out and didn't complain about the decision either.

Edited by Loonytoons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

 

Lino gave it and he had a very good view as he was basically standing on the corner flag.

From my viewpoint it looked well over the line, the keeper scooped it back out and didn't complain about the decision either.

The same linesman gave a ridiculous offside against Goodwillie in the first half when he had a clear sight of goal and was at least a yard on, played on by your No 5 a few yards away. Unfortunately the linesman, being slightly rotund, wasn't great at keeping up with play and I can only assume he didn't notice the defender as he was a fair bit away from Goodwillie. As it turned out, it was the only clear site of goal anyone in a Clyde shirt had all day and was wrongly given as offside. Not that it would have made any difference because you'd have beaten us anyway even if we did manage somehow to score. I used to be quite 'vocal' at games, but as the years have passed, I've mellowed considerably. However, with that decision, I reverted to my 25 years ago self and gave the said linesman some rather vocal 'advice', which involved pointing out his weight issues, questioning his parentage and likening him to female genitalia. I have to say, I was somewhat embarrassed by this outburst. Must have been the tension of the 'playoff dogfight'. 

As regards the 2nd goal, I was miles away, but as you say, the Clyde players didn't seem to complain which kind of tells you that it must have been over the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sydney said:

The same linesman gave a ridiculous offside against Goodwillie in the first half when he had a clear sight of goal and was at least a yard on, played on by your No 5 a few yards away. Unfortunately the linesman, being slightly rotund, wasn't great at keeping up with play and I can only assume he didn't notice the defender as he was a fair bit away from Goodwillie. As it turned out, it was the only clear site of goal anyone in a Clyde shirt had all day and was wrongly given as offside. Not that it would have made any difference because you'd have beaten us anyway even if we did manage somehow to score. I used to be quite 'vocal' at games, but as the years have passed, I've mellowed considerably. However, with that decision, I reverted to my 25 years ago self and gave the said linesman some rather vocal 'advice', which involved pointing out his weight issues, questioning his parentage and likening him to female genitalia. I have to say, I was somewhat embarrassed by this outburst. Must have been the tension of the 'playoff dogfight'. 

As regards the 2nd goal, I was miles away, but as you say, the Clyde players didn't seem to complain which kind of tells you that it must have been over the line. 

It happens when the linesmen are behind play, though it can be frustrating if you are in line and see that the player is on-side.

That said, I thought the officials had a good game today.  A couple of possible bookings for either side to a picky ref but the man in the middle didn't get much wrong today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

It happens when the linesmen are behind play, though it can be frustrating if you are in line and see that the player is on-side.

That said, I thought the officials had a good game today.  A couple of possible bookings for either side to a picky ref but the man in the middle didn't get much wrong today.

Yip, agree with that. Officials did well (apart from that decision by that linesman :lol:). Nothing really controversial for them to worry about. From my perspective, the fact that we are fighting for our lives and the ref nothing really to do is very very concerning. We should have been scrapping like hell ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Long time since I've been to Station Park. My last visit was when John Clark was our manager, we were at Firhill and we won 5-3 in a midweek game (League Cup I think). Must have been 1987 or 88 ! Enjoyed my visit, despite the result. All the best in the last two games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, subber said:

Bain, Adam, Cox, Swankie, Kennedy and Malone are all under contract for next season 

Malone was great with us. Scored a belter against Celtic when we beat them in Roy Kean's debut in 2006. He must be getting on a bit now though. Jeez, just typing this makes me shake my head about how far we have fallen from being a right good Championship team :(

Was Cox your number 7 today ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malone was great with us. Scored a belter against Celtic when we beat them in Roy Kean's debut in 2006. He must be getting on a bit now though. Jeez, just typing this makes me shake my head about how far we have fallen from being a right good Championship team 
Was Cox your number 7 today ? 

He was
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:


He was

Good player. Looks hard as nails too !! Took a real sore one in the second half. You could see he really was in pain. Lots of players might have wanted off at that point, but he wasn't having any of that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good player. Looks hard as nails too !! Took a real sore one in the second half. You could see he really was in pain. Lots of players might have wanted off at that point, but he wasn't having any of that. 

A lot of people's player of the season. Every week gives 150% real fans favourite . We all dream of a team of David cox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...