Forfar vs Clyde

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Impressed with the stone island mob Clyde fans . Must have been 50 year old at least giving the come ahead Square go to forfar fans behind the goal . Absolutely nothing stopping him from walking round and confronting them . Hard c**t emoji23.png

Yeah loved his crucifixion pose. He's probably younger than he looks due to a mixture of a large paper round before he retired at 16 to become a drain on society with a heroin and Buckfast habit paid for by us.

Routine win for the Loons. Same again next week and the week after please lads?

Guest bernardblack
Impressive stuff today.  Pretty much any of the 11 could have got MOTM, first goal was a thing of beauty.  Lister's runs and workrate today were superb.
Happy days.

I've not been Lister's biggest fan but he was excellent today. His hold up play in particular

Forfar played as well as any team have against us this season. Aggressive all over the pitch and we didn't get anywhere near Swankie who played like a 38 year old Ryan Giggs.

Far too many poor performances from Clyde players to make a game of it even ignoring the fact we defended to deep and without Johnston had nobody moving forward in wide areas until Ferguson came on. Hugely disappointing waste of a journey. 

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

I've not been Lister's biggest fan but he was excellent today. His hold up play in particular

You are not the only one on here, many will be eating humble pie tonight!! Swanks - TOB- Boomer outstanding today.

Yeah loved his crucifixion pose. He's probably younger than he looks due to a mixture of a large paper round before he retired at 16 to become a drain on society with a heroin and Buckfast habit paid for by us.
Routine win for the Loons. Same again next week and the week after please lads?

IMG_1492885085.639642.jpg

Like a fool, I hoped we'd see through the abjectly selected teams of the last two weeks. But no: we stacked the odds heavily in Forfar's favour before a ball was kicked. Staggeringly, we went without two of our worst (Smith, Johnston) and still managed to have a defence organising itself around Marxist principles. No, not Karl. Groucho, Harpo etc.

Did Waddell help sell a goal or two? Aye. But putting the result on him is just a lazy convenience; a cliché ('Oh no three in a row!'). In the same way that anyone, Muslim or otherwise, would become some kind of a sectarian partisan once on the ground in Syria for a short while, Paulo Maldini would lose his bearings if he was put in among that lot. Waddell's better than our other centre backs; they've seasons of fluctuating mediocrity and failure to their names. He, at least, has the excuse of being new to senior football. Having to compete with feckless team-mates and opponents is a trial for any defender. If anyone would like to see Smith or Johnston back in the side, they should say so in as many words.

I don't follow what has been written about the depth of our defence. Anyone can say - correctly - that player X should have been at location Y at time Z. The real question is: why was the defence as deep as it was? Two reasons. One: it was made up of - variously - inexperienced and out-of-position players, assembled afresh. Two: possession was wrestled from us wherever we picked it up; little stuck up top and the midfield might as well have been in Forfar jerseys. We can all point fingers at the defence; it's perhaps the natural thing to do when you lose by three goals to nil. But consider that our defence was never more than five guys who were invariably confronted by at least as many Forfar players, usually more, when attacked. Why was this? Like I said: our midfield might as well have been theirs. McLaughlin. Flynn. Forget it. Who are these guys? We're all agreed on the uselessness of the former without Linton or another dog's body, but Flynn? There will come a point when 'Aye... But he scored X from midfield for Annan' will wear on the ears as an excuse for his ineffectiveness. I'm already there, myself. Although clearly it doesn't matter how much damage is done by having the likes of Flynn in a featherweight midfield line or McNiff on the flank; we're to believe, on the basis of statistics and word-of-mouth, that these are good players, and if they aren't it's our fault. Well, as Maggie Thatcher once said: no, no, no.

And I'm going to keep saying it, this time more pointedly: Peaso on the bench for 'policy reasons' could relegate us.

Following our first match with Forfar, I wrote that they'd probably go on to win the league and that we'd struggle to make the play-offs. Some laughed...

image_update_img.jpg

Guest bernardblack
You are not the only one on here, many will be eating humble pie tonight!! Swanks - TOB- Boomer outstanding today.

Swankie was classy today. I always think he is though :)

Our defence play deep as our midfield is nonexistent.
McLaughlin, slow and talentless.
Flynn, invisible and overrated
McGovern, slow and overrated.
I wish i kept my money in my pocket and stayed at home.
Only Goodwillie looked like he was not accepting of the inevitable defeat.

Lister was my MOM today, great link up play and ran his socks off..

Whatever the Management have said or done behind the scenes made a big impact today, this looked like a totally different team compared with last week..

Fingers crossed we can keep the momentum going for the last two games...

One shot on target in the 92nd minute and our top scorer standing in the dugout when were desperate for results for our league survival. 

If our management duo think Gormley should be in the team in front of MacDonald, they should not be in charge of the team.

Terrible performance from Clyde today. Well beaten. Didn't think Forfar were particularly great (nobody in this league is- the general standard is piss poor) but they didn't have to be. All they had to do was be well organised (which they were) and be up for it (which they were). For us, little to be positive about. Our defensive issues are well documented, but today it was the middle of the park that frustrated me most. We are simply too slow and ponderous. Flynn and McLaughlin offered little in the middle and we had absolutely nothing wide on either side. McNiff and McNeil frustrated me continually. Every time they got the ball in anything like an advanced position, they cut inside and either played the ball sideways or backwards. Not once did we stretch their defence. Sure, we've a bit of a make shift team but it doesn't make it any easier to watch. 

Unlike last week, Goodwillie had nothing to work with. Nothing by way of service and every time he did get near the ball, Forfar had 2 or 3 men round him right away.

Thoroughly deserved win for Forfar and it could have been worse than 3-0 in all honesty. Unlucky with a cracking shot off the post when it was 3-0. 

I did enjoy my bridie in a wee cafe before the game though :)

Archived