Airdrie 1 v 3 Alloa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that stood out today was that when things were going wrong or someone made an arse of it the Alloa team encouraged each other where as Airdrie players shrugged their shoulders, pointed fingers or turned their backs and looked to the sky.

7 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Marr was jackos selected vice captain maybe not goodwins.

Would have graham captain personally.

Would have Jason as First Minister/Prime Minister/President/Ming the Merciless personally. 

Marrs tackle with his body yesterday was one of the most Jason Marr things I've ever seen. Terrific commitment chucking his body in the way when the Airdrie boy was about to strike the ball.

He's done what he's already done many times already and come back after a spell out and been fantastic. Really giving Goodwin a hard call now when McKeown is back fit. If Marr keeps playing the way he has he can't drop him surely

What an abomination of a football team we are.

Embarrassing performance once again yesterday. Alloa didn't even look interested and still comfortably beat us.

Leitch, Russell, McDonald, Hutton and Ryan were all very poor today.

We'll really need to turn this around to get anything out the next two games.

I know Airdrie are on a bad run, but generally have been decent against us this season. Was surprised at how poor they were, especially Russell. Lots of booing from the home support for one of the 2nd half substitutions as well.

We ticked over, without being brilliant and Kirkpatrick took the goal really well as he always does. 

Lots of booing from the home support for one of the 2nd half substitutions as well.

Mark Wilson (tactical genius) decided to take one of our best players off and replace him with Jack McKay who has done the square root of f**k all for us this season.

There were literally 5 players I would have taken off before Scott Stewart.

The guys lost the plot. The complete and utter apathy among the support is the only reason Wilson doesn't get booed from the first minute of the game.

1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

What an abomination of a football team we are.

Embarrassing performance once again yesterday. Alloa didn't even look interested and still comfortably beat us.

Leitch, Russell, McDonald, Hutton and Ryan were all very poor today.

We'll really need to turn this around to get anything out the next two games.

The next two games probably no longer matter as we've no chance of playing well or consistently enough over 6 in total!

We weren't comfortably beaten though. A draw would have been fair. And that's not defending it - you're bang on with Alloa didn't look interested. And there was a lack of urgency for a lot of our play, which given where we are just isn't good enough. 

Mark Wilson (tactical genius) decided to take one of our best players off and replace him with Jack McKay who has done the square root of f**k all for us this season.

There were literally 5 players I would have taken off before Scott Stewart.

The guys lost the plot. The complete and utter apathy among the support is the only reason Wilson doesn't get booed from the first minute of the game.

The player of the year dinner could be interesting if he's brave enough to show face.

Mensing was our best player, which probably says everything. Conroy was probably the worst, yet got MOTM. McDonald and Stewart get lots of the ball in that system, the problem is that neither of them have any ability, so it's never going to produce anything. We then are forced inside to play through them but Alloa were too well organised, so we ended up just passing the ball around at walking pace.

Wilson gets a lot of stick, but like last week and like the Livi game, the goals we concede are something he can do nothing about. He's got a system where we look more solid from general play, but horrendous individual errors from poor players means it almost doesn't matter because we are going to ship goals regardless of how we play.

The appointment of Wilson was strange, said it at the time and I still think he isn't the right person for the job (Dalziel is an irrelevance, can't be bothered getting my knickers in a twist about him like most people). But in terms if problems he's pretty far down the list. Awful players, the questionable benefit of our full-time training, recruitment (who is in charge? And what other influences are there?), and sub-standard youth players are the real issues in deciding whether the plan is going to work over the next couple of years.

A better manager would help, yes. But where would we have finished this season with a good manager? 3rd at best I'd say and no chance of beating St Mirren or Raith in a play-off. It wouldn't have made a significant difference as the whole structure of the club this season has failed completely.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Was that a wind up?

Overly simplified phrase, 'no ability' is obviously relative. But I don't believe he has enough ability to be the only wide player. I can't see us creating anything out wide, and just like yesterday we'll be forced inside into a congested midfield. He can drive with the ball from deep but that's about it. When he recieves the ball higher up like yesterday he is ineffective as he doesn't have a quick turn of pace or trickery. The current system is just a way to help the defence anyway, once/if we get some defenders next year I'm sure it'll be a back 4.

Archived