Airdrie 1 v 3 Alloa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close game today but we edged it. Well taken goal after a mistake but Kirky's finish was class to be fair.

Thought the game was never ending. How many minutes did he put on?! Wilson must have had a word in someone's ear.

Good to keep momentum going for the play-offs.

Apart from the goal, Ferguson played quite well today. The only other player I would give pass marks to is Mensing! Everybody else was rotten. I really don't want this team to get embarrassed by reaching the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Absolute disgrace. Was like being in a doctors waiting room the first half with the atmosphere nobody gives a toss anymore.

I wanted Alloa to get a second an put us out our misery.

Hopefully east fife and Queen's Park pump us in our next few games so there is absolutely no way of justifying this complete shambles of an operation.

I don't think I could actually ever want to see us lose at any time but I understand your frustration over this long dreadful season. 16 games lost/highest goals against/never out passing any other team/managerial nonsense . What kind of interview on TV awaits us. Will go to East fife but goodness only knows what we come back with. On an optimistic note two wins cheers me but if this bunch remain in charge of recruitment/training etc It will be no better next season.

Winning games now is like resuscitating a terminally ill patient it just prolongs the agony and makes things far worse in the long run. What's the point of winning? We have absolutely no chance of stringing 4 games together where we aren't so incompetent that we manage not to blow it.

I thought Airdrie started quite brightly but it petered out around 30 minutes in. We were okay but never stepped it up at any point. I thought Robertson looked good. Loved Jason's head first penalty box block. I can understand Airdrie supporters frustration, as a full-time team even at the bottom end of that spectrum, I think they are entitled to believe they should be a stick-on for a play-off place.

The problems at the club are obvious.

We have a chairman who has no communication with the fans.

Young goalkeeper in the firing line.

Director of football who sits on a radio station on match days.

Director of football who refers to younger players as making up the numbers.

Manager who has no communication with the fans and in the run up to this match was in the paper promoting a charity old firm match if memory serves me right.

We can all sit on here and agree and disagree on formations team selection but all of the above need fixed asap.

21 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Manager who has no communication with the fans and in the run up to this match was in the paper promoting a charity old firm match if memory serves me right.

We can all sit on here and agree and disagree on formations team selection but all of the above need fixed asap.

Don't disagree.

However we have no need for a director of football. The position is clouded as to what it actually involves (throughout football) - and the role is overplayed, with us at least. Wilson should be good enough to manage that team on his own. If he isn't (and he clearly isn't) he shouldn't be there. How many other teams around us have one?? Teams seem to routinely beat us without a Director of Football in place. So get Wilson out ASAP.

Dalziel serves no purpose (so obviously can go too). His presence at games wouldn't change things. He's a washed up bad radio pundit - not some Alex Ferguson type genius figure. Wilson and half the team aren't up to it. That's the main issue.

Having said that, Dalziels right about the youngsters though. If any were good enough they'd be in by now. 

Anyway, not going up should mean change. A positive I guess!

That was utter p!sh today. Game played at a snails pace. No urgency from the players. I would struggle to give any player pass marks. You would have thought that we didn't have anything to play for. I can't see us getting the results we need to make the play offs and hopefully that will mean the end of Wilson and Dalziel.

30 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Don't disagree.

However we have no need for a director of football. The position is clouded as to what it actually involves (throughout football) - and the role is overplayed, with us at least. Wilson should be good enough to manage that team on his own. If he isn't (and he clearly isn't) he shouldn't be there. How many other teams around us have one?? Teams seem to routinely beat us without a Director of Football in place. So get Wilson out ASAP.

Dalziel serves no purpose (so obviously can go too). His presence at games wouldn't change things. He's a washed up bad radio pundit - not some Alex Ferguson type genius figure. Wilson and half the team aren't up to it. That's the main issue.

Having said that, Dalziels right about the youngsters though. If any were good enough they'd be in by now. 

Anyway, not going up should mean change. A positive I guess!

We don't need Dalziel what has he brought to the table zilch.

Wilson isn't getting the best out of the squad. 

His signings Hutton good replacement for Fitzpatrick.

McKay, Mensing, McGregor are not any better than what we had already and I don't expect any of those 3 to be at Airdrie next season.

I would expect better man management for example Wilson to come out and give the young goalkeeper a vote of confidence . I get impression some of the players have been shafted Boetang doesn't get a look in and Brown gets thrown on as a sub when were losing games now and young players like Leighton, London don't get any opportunity to prove Dalziel/ Wilson wrong.

Its time the club listen to the fans.

1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

We never got out of first gear today and still beat a full time Airdrie side who are fucking shite. To think Clydebank died for that shambles.

Congratulations!

You have won the 'Airdrie r jist Clydebank' bingo for this thread!

You have won an eternity of being an utter douchebag! 

Exactly. Folk blaming individual players or thinking a wee change of personnel here and there are going to fix things are absolutely tuned to the moon.

Thought we were worth a point today but to be honest I wasn't that bothered at the final whistle.

Once again a mixed bag from the young keeper, a couple of good saves, flapped at a couple of crosses and to be honest I thought he'd done the correct thing at their goal but when things aren't going for you everything you try turns to shit.

I just want the season to be over now, no play offs for me.

Archived