Livingston FC the champions 22/4 match thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sort of attitude will getyou relegated again. Happy for your guys to go through the motions on Saturday.

Queens Park will beat us on Saturday this much is obvious, we will play a fringe team because we have afforded ourselves this luxury by winning the league. How this relates to us next season I don't know.

16 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Queens Park will beat us on Saturday this much is obvious, we will play a fringe team because we have afforded ourselves this luxury by winning the league. How this relates to us next season I don't know.

It comes down to the general attitude at the club and what is acceptable.  Unless you're going all out to win every game  rather than putting out a weakened team or not giving a shit if you win because, supposedly, it doesn't matter, I don't think that it's a good attitude for the manager, players or fans to have.  In any conversation I've had with Gus, the guy demands the maximum from his players and he obviously takes a personal pride in having that sort of attitude in his teams.  Those that don't share it have been shown the door.

If the mindset isn't that you should be winning every game, then there's an element of discipline missing and, in my opinion, that'll translate into not winning the more difficult games next year for you when the going gets tough.

If it's acceptable for your team and manager to give it less than 100% on Saturday, that's great for us.  Not sure I'd be very happy as a paying customer though.   I've seen some shite QP teams over the years and I can accept that this will often be the case; I can't accept a lack of effort and, thankfully, it hasn't happened very often.

It comes down to the general attitude at the club and what is acceptable.  Unless you're going all out to win every game  rather than putting out a weakened team or not giving a shit if you win because, supposedly, it doesn't matter, I don't think that it's a good attitude for the manager, players or fans to have.  In any conversation I've had with Gus, the guy demands the maximum from his players and he obviously takes a personal pride in having that sort of attitude in his teams.  Those that don't share it have been shown the door.

If the mindset isn't that you should be winning every game, then there's an element of discipline missing and, in my opinion, that'll translate into not winning the more difficult games next year for you when the going gets tough.

If it's acceptable for your team and manager to give it less than 100% on Saturday, that's great for us.  Not sure I'd be very happy as a paying customer though.   I've seen some shite QP teams over the years and I can accept that this will often be the case; I can't accept a lack of effort and, thankfully, it hasn't happened very often.

No nothing to do with discipline or not caring. We have won the league pretty easily with 4 games to spare. Hopkin is within his right to give players a well deserved rest and give both fringe and young players a game because as I've said we have afforded ourselves this luxury.

We don't need to go out and win every game as there is no unbeaten record etc to chase. This doesn't mean he's going out to lose the game but I don't expect a second string team who have won the league to beat a good defensively solid team chasing the play-offs.

As for next season these four games don't bare any relevance to our team, style and mentality for next season so don't know where you were drawing the comparison. As we've clearly had that winning mentality this season as shown in games like Stranraer/Peterhead/Albion Rovers.

25 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That's just silly isn't it, the team that gets picked will undoubtedly be giving 100% to try and win the game. 

Fringe players that will be playing for contracts, young guys trying to make a name for themselves and impress the coach. 

We are lucky enough to have a squad of players that are capable of winning any game, even with fringe players we will be a decent side. 

The manager has already said he wants to win the last remaining games, he has set the standards all season long a high standard which is part of the reason why when we've lost a game 9 times out of 10 we've bounced back to win the following weekend.

Here's hoping we get promoted too. That'll be 10 points in the bank for us before we start.

Leading you lot into a false sense of security. It would be great to see Queens in the championship just to become cannon fodder for the rest of us [emoji6]

2 hours ago, livicha said:

Leading you lot into a false sense of security. It would be great to see Queens in the championship just to become cannon fodder for the rest of us emoji6.png

Given our stature as a club, I'd probably accept a season of pumpings in the Championship. What's that like? Does it get quite demoralising or are you just generally happy to be there?

Win or lose, it'll have zero bearing on what happens next year. We've already achieved our target for the season; the rest is irrelevant. I genuinely hope you beat us.

Given our stature as a club, I'd probably accept a season of pumpings in the Championship. What's that like? Does it get quite demoralising or are you just generally happy to be there?

After a season of pumping teams in League One, I can't remember [emoji41]

4 hours ago, an86 said:

For me, it's never fun to see your team get pumped every week, even when you know you're still punching above your weight. It's good to have more places to go and see though. Even though some of them will be run-down shitholes like Dumbarton and Greenock. Mind you, even those places are an upgrade on Peterhead, Airdrie, Coatbridge and Methil. 

Archived