The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

I don't know. Every club has casual sort-of-fans who would rather spend 10 quid on three pints and watch the game on the telly, than spend 25-odd quid on a ticket. We probably have a higher proportion of these than most clubs. Unfortunately being decent at fitba under McInnes hasn't really brought that many folk back.

Well from what I've seen of historical attendance figures, we've never been able to regularly get more than 13,000 thru the gate, even when we were the best team in Europe. Big spikes for the big games, but always regressing when playing a wee team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've loads of fans who are no where near diehards but have enough cash to not care about the price.

if we draw AC Milan or Everton and charge £32 we'll still sell out in two days

36 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

For those who are based outwith Aberdeen, what's the best site to use for a stream?

I usually use CricFree. They had the St Johnstone away leg, so their reach is pretty good. It's always a bit of a lottery as to what games they have on. 

5 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Well from what I've seen of historical attendance figures, we've never been able to regularly get more than 13,000 thru the gate, even when we were the best team in Europe. Big spikes for the big games, but always regressing when playing a wee team.

T'was ever thus.

For those who are based outwith Aberdeen, what's the best site to use for a stream?

Was hoping the game was on Red TV (international of course [emoji6])

The excitement of European football returns, and thank goodness for that. The real excitement of going in totally blind against opposition never played before beats most things in football and beats the humdrum stuff of other times of year.

In terms of our team, well, real change from last season requiring a change of shape to a 4-1-4-1: Lewis; Shay, Des, Reynolds, POTY 16/17; Captain Shinnie; Stewart, Kenny, Tansey, Christie; Rooney.

Real shame that Wright got injured in Toulon but these things happen. We may struggle to be match fit, so I imagine this will be a nervy game.

Going to go 1-0 to the Famous, with Rooney nicking a late goal to take to Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Think you can get a ticket on the night? Thinking of going along but will stuck a tenner on the Bosnians, great odds.

Should be fine, just will need to pop into the ticket office as I can't see there being a cash gate. It won't sell out but it looks a decent crowd.

15000 sold by mid afternoon today so hopefully get a bitty more by kick off

Dons frantically trying to register GMS in time but you'd think he'd be on the bench only as I agree with the team listed a couple posts above.

Probably Maynard, GMS and Wright will be the subs on all going as planned

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Right ya bunch of fannies. Someone's undoubtedly already asked, anyone broadcasting this.

No - McInnes said in the Press conference there will be no-one broadcasting this and no streams either 

1 hour ago, d31 said:

15000 sold by mid afternoon today so hopefully get a bitty more by kick off

Dons frantically trying to register GMS in time but you'd think he'd be on the bench only as I agree with the team listed a couple posts above.

Probably Maynard, GMS and Wright will be the subs on all going as planned

He is already registered for Celtic - can that be changed?

25 minutes ago, Milners said:

No - McInnes said in the Press conference there will be no-one broadcasting this and no streams either 

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Particularly if Celticy c***s are trying to watch it.

Typical Aberdeen.

I still hope you win this, even though you are generally a bunch of c***s.

Archived