NorthernLights

The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

19 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

In all seriousness whats the fans and clubs take on all this?

No doubt the Cypriot stewards were a shower of arseholes but was there similar arsehole behaviour from the Aberdeen fans before and after they steamed in?

Its actually good to see the club back the fans with this stuff. I was at the 'dens park riots' a few years ago and the sun I think it was spouting all sorts of claims which miraculously in this modern age, was not caught on any cameras. Didnt stop Lawell laying in to us though.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its actually good to see the club back the fans with this stuff. I was at the 'dens park riots' a few years ago and the sun I think it was spouting all sorts of claims which miraculously in this modern age, was not caught on any cameras. Didnt stop Lawell laying in to us though.

I was there too, it was basically three or four drunken fannies exchanging punches at the concourse/pie shops at half time, not like the S*n to make shit up and exaggarate it though.

In all seriousness whats the fans and clubs take on all this?

No doubt the Cypriot stewards were a shower of arseholes but was there similar arsehole behaviour from the Aberdeen fans before and after they steamed in?

From what I saw at the back of the stand, it was no different to what happens at Pittodrie/Ibrox/Parkhead by the segregation barrier when a goal goes in or at full time.

One of the (non arsehole) stewards calmly said to us not to react to the home fans goading. I'd say our fans involved perhaps neglected to remember how reactionary the stewarding/policing can be in these countries when they went to goad the home fans.

Once a punch is thrown by a steward (who are there to keep things safe remember) and they see their mate getting a smack for little or no reason, people will inevitably get involved to protect them, whether it's in a stadium or in the street. Human nature.

If any of our fans did initiate violence then they can get to f**k. The reaction of the stewards afterwards was completely unjustified regardless, and for anyone who saw it all to suggest otherwise is scandalous. Don't want to say too much but some of our group were on the receiving end of completely unprovoked aggression from one of them, and I heard umpteen similar stories later on.

Have to say though, there were instances of our fans fighting each other elsewhere in our section which is proper scummy behaviour. Would also note that the atmosphere in our end deteriorated in the second half, people loudly arguing over things that had nothing to do with the game, when the team needed proper backing.

We are supposed to bring our own stewards? Never realised that.

Every away game there is always a few police Scotland officers at game but this season we haven't done that

8 hours ago, Milners said:

Every away game there is always a few police Scotland officers at game but this season we haven't done that

They probably couldn't find the grounds...

Apollyon Limassol through to the group stage. It's enough tae mhak ye greet.

Fucking Maribor in the champions league too!

Those Cypriot no marks got a draw at Goodison tonight

How did Progres get on in their group game?

Edited by EdTheDuck