The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

9 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Now how the f**k am I going to get from Split to this shitehole? It looks about the size of the Broch.

If there is quite a few of your mates travelling then get a taxi - it will be around about 120 euros.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

Now how the f**k am I going to get from Split to this shitehole? It looks about the size of the Broch.

Considering that buses between Split and Mostar take about three or so hours, and Široki Brijeg is 20km or so from the latter, with not much difficulty - prices are around 16 Euro or so each way I am told. Local buses will then be several times a day allegedly. No worse than a lot of other trips.

Disappointed with the lack of signings so far but obviously our manager has had difficult getting his targets to sign up :( - the aim is to try and get through to the group stages and earn a lot of money for the club but if we get knocked out by Siroki Brijeg then the manager will be criticised for not making the signings available for this this game. 

Going with rankings this team is a lot better than the team that Rangers/St Johnstone got knocked out by and we will not be match sharp which is a major concern to me.

Anyway another country off my list to go to and also taking in Italy as well :) COYR

Bookies have us at 2/5 for this game, they're rarely wrong, didn't expect us to be such big favourites though

10/3 for the Draw

11/2 for Siroki

I think Aberdeen have a very settled squad so this should help playing the first competitive game of the season
Pedro the billyfighter made to many changes plus Tommy wright was tactically naive in playing 2 up front 
Hayes and Mcginn will be big loses but Christie and Stewart can open up defences
lets hope Aberdeen and Celtic can put a bit of pride back into Scottish football this week

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 01:50, Kneetrembler said:

Not sure if booze precludes you hiring a motor - but it's about a 2 hour drive from Split and 3hrs from Dubrovnik Airport (make sure your insurance covers BiH, else they let you buy insurance at the border) - it's half an hour to Siroki Brijeg from Mostar, which would be the best place to pitch up for the night - if there's a carload of you, you could like book a driver to and from Mostar for €40-50 each return.

Mostar is a UNESCO heritage place, see photo of restored bridge destroyed in the civil war, and has plenty of boozers/hotels etc......Siroki Brijeg from recollection of driving through it (and recognising the name due to their fitba team) is just a cluster of nothingness, in the staunch ethic-Croat area.

Mostar.jpg

5 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Bookies have us at 2/5 for this game, they're rarely wrong, didn't expect us to be such big favourites though

10/3 for the Draw

11/2 for Siroki

Bookies always price it up on how people are going to bet rather than the price they think it should be.

47 minutes ago, Milners said:

Bookies always price it up on how people are going to bet rather than the price they think it should be.

I know how it works

Still didn't expect us to be at odds that long though 

Guest DAVIDB69

With the results of scottish teams so far 7/1 is huge on the away win, this team will be far better than st Johnstone and rangers opponents as well

With the results of scottish teams so far 7/1 is huge on the away win, this team will be far better than st Johnstone and rangers opponents as well

Good thing that the home team are far better than St Johnstone and Rangers then.

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine

Tansey Shinnie

Christie McLean Stewart

Rooney

This is our most likely team, IMO. Our defence just about chooses itself until any new additions are confirmed. I think McInnes might have been tempted to start Stockley over Rooney if he wasn't suspended. Storey has had a good share of the action in pre-season (starting against both Arbroath and Doncaster), but I would bet against him playing from the start here - although he might be in contention if there are any doubts over Stewart's fitness. 

Seen the Mither Tap are showing the home leg. Surely if you're in Aberdeen you should be getting along to the game itself?!

I don't know. Every club has casual sort-of-fans who would rather spend 10 quid on three pints and watch the game on the telly, than spend 25-odd quid on a ticket. We probably have a higher proportion of these than most clubs. Unfortunately being decent at fitba under McInnes hasn't really brought that many folk back.

Archived